About a Year in, Keeping the OS, Ditching the 2e

I thought I might be at that place in life where I could dispense with all the features of a smartphone, and the big bill from the big carrier, and a good number of intrusive social media apps. I was mostly right. I’ve made a lot of changes. The facebook app is gone, and the account access is only through the browser on desktop. Twitter/X is through the browser on desktop, or slimsocial on the phone. Any app that requires a google account is banished forever.

T-Mobile has just proven to have terrible coverage in my area, and I have just not been able to get a single good picture out of the 2e camera. I thought the phone might help my narcissistic streak, but the world needs to know about the beautiful omelette I just made.

Saving my pennies for a refurbed Pixel, and contemplating moving back to ATT, but prepaid this time.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Agreed.

Camera terrible, photo file handling & management terrible.

And this is coming from someone who does NOT use the phone for 24x7 life support, but when I want to take a picture, especially on the fly, it comes out terrible. Afterwards, trying to manage pictures is ridiculous (“Gallery” is actually “Pictures”, no way to move pix from within “Gallery”, etc., etc., etc.)

I thought this stuff wouldn’t “matter” after a while, but it is just so unnecessarily complex to do what seemed to be VERY simple things on other phones. Is it the OS? Is it the phone? I don’t care.

I couldn’t WAIT to punt whatever iPhone POS I previously had. Instead, have been extremely dissatisfied with the new rig for even the simplest, day-to-day operations.

Yep, I thought opencamera app might help, but I want a better camera that kind of takes my lack of talent out of the equation. It’s been a cool experiment, but I will be ready to move on from the 2e soon. I will need access to the ATT network again.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.