AC2003 stuck after easy-installer /e/

After trying the easy installer for booting a ac2003 device (android 12, may), it’s stuck in this mode;

The last step before the easy installer would start the installation was in Bootmode, and I needed to accept the “update”. But there was no such option on screen.

I use a macbook pro, which makes the adb more complicated, hence the easy installer…
Used this succesful on several gigaset devices…

Any help please?

Any takers?
Just to help me get started… Can I proceed on macbook or would a windows pc be easier?

I’ve used adb on Mac laptops with no problems at all. Easier than Windows as you don’t have to worry about USB drivers which, from what I’ve seen in these forums, cause problems for Windows users

Well it seems I will need a windows pc to revert to STOCK ROM as described here:

https://doc.e.foundation/pages/revert_oneplus_to_stock_on_windows.html

After that I can try to manually instal /e/ on my avicii OnePlus phone.
I’m however clueless (easy installer user up until now) as to which ROM to install.
Android S / R / Q? My GS290 runs 1.17-S (installed via Easy Installer)
Then there are “recovery” versions.
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/avicii/
Do I download MD5 / SHA356 / Recovery and boot img.???

I’m lost

I got a second identical device, AC2003.
Once again tried easy installer. Completely new issue this time:

I’m through. Any developers in the area France - Germany - Benelux that I can send both devices to?
Will pay to flash /e/ on both.
HELP!

what was the android version you had in stock on your Avicii? 12 or 12.1?

afaik android 12 update may. for the first device
also 12 for the second

1 Like

i had 12.1 on my avicii and with easy installer i couldn’t install e os. the update was from Sept23.

i solved rolling back to A11 and then installing eos for Android 11 with the line command guide.
after installed i updated OTA to eos for A12.
Not care to try A13 yet as it’s still in dev only…

Well this is as far as I get, nothing happens on msmdownload. Any advise?

Use of MSM tool needs very careful reading. My first guess was that MSM is looking for a device in EDL mode (The aim in that case would be to unbrick the phone.)

Your phone appears to be in fastboot mode.

If you are using the instructions you quoted in Post #4 , these start

Assumptions

The user can’t reboot to recovery or fastboot.

This would be one explanation…because it seems you can boot into into fastboot.

What I might do next is to try to run

fastboot devices

to confirm if you have a working fastboot mode.

Do you have adb / platform-tools https://doc.e.foundation/pages/install-adb-windows on a Windows PC at this stage ?

I have working fastboot on device 1.
It communicates via fastboot commands on windows.
Fastboot -W for clearing all previous tries.
Additional partitions flash finished, dtbo + vbmeta
Recovery flash installed.
But I can never get to the /e/ recovery using volume down + power button.
Always straight to fastboot mode.

Great progress :slight_smile:

I had this on first time install of recovery on my OnePlus One, but not quite certain I remember the exact procedure … so more generally …

Hypothesis

Many devices have a special routine to allow the device to be rebooted correctly first time you flash a non vendor recovery because a standard Google / Android mechanism allows for the device to protect itself from intrusion and in the first instance try to overwrite the new recovery back to original … or maybe in your case just disregard it and assert / respond that the only bootable mode is fastboot.

Let’s just experiment with rewording the install instruction

Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation:
With the device powered off
hold Volume Down + Power

Perhaps there is a clue in “verify”.

So first please go back and reflash recovery as before but you remain in Fastboot rather than a standard power down.

On my device you leave fastboot mode from Volume Down + Power

However when the screen goes black ongoing Volume Down + Power fails to boot recovery.

Doing this now of course I am not working against “vendor original” recovery overwrite, so you may have to deviate slightly.

Please try.

• Leave fastboot mode from Volume Down + Power. Be alert as the screen goes black … as the device comes up again immediately release all keys … or secondly …

• Leave fastboot mode from Volume Down + Power. Be alert as the screen goes black release the keys momentarily … then press again Volume Down + Power, releasing as the device comes up again.

Any time you fail please go back and reflash recovery so that we know it is there for sure.

If necessary experiment a little with the length of time to hesitate or to keep keys pressed.

In a quick search I did not see “button press” in OnePlus - Nord - avicci - Documentation Suggestions. This page is a good resource, but older (pre Android T builds) did have significant other issues and older posts may not be so relevant.

Alternatively

(Not tried this myself but you might attempt)

Now reboot into recovery to verify the installation:

fastboot boot recovery-e_exact_filename.img
1 Like

Well somehow I installed recovery 1.5r-dev. Suddenly entered the recovery screen.
Then tried to install e-1.5-r via adb sideloader. Always get error wrong package:

Tried to install stable version 1.20s. At 47% i get this error message every time:

I used factory reset and reboot to recovery several times to exclude those as an issue…
Getting closer.
Wrong recovery file chosen?
Or has this to do with MD5 & SHA256 files? Don’t know what to do with those.

Edit I am just wondering if you have some fundamental uncertainty about the Android version to choose. For the T Build which I am going with, should be easiest, we are told to prepare the device

on the latest Android 12 firmware.

You reported this in Post #7, unless you have any uncertainly that this is latest ? Unchecked by me. @pablohc86 mentioned a September 2023 update. Generally we must be careful not to attempt to downgrade Android version with the /e/OS install.
/Edit

Yes simple as that ! But using e-1.5-r or e-1.20-s_stable – wrong /e/OS version and Android version and / or build type as well (to be pedantic) :slight_smile:

We are looking here https://images.ecloud.global/dev/avicii/

And you have firstly taken recovery-e from this line (I think)

e-1.19.1-t-20240112373116-dev-avicii.zip | MD5 |SHA256 | Recovery and boot img

We must consistently take all downloads from 1 line only. Your work so far with recovery-e has been tolerant of mix and match. When you come to installing the ROM, please consistently reflash matching dtbo.img and vbmeta.img . and recovery-e.

Verifying your downloads is always good practice. You are using Windows, so I hope this link helps https://codesigningstore.com/how-to-check-file-checksum.

Indeed I have no clue which version to use. I use a GS290 stable v1.20 daily driver which I flashed with the easy installer.
I want this AC2003 to be the stable build aswell. So I’m guessing I need to

• revert to stock rom, with MSM although it is no longer bricked.
  • update to latest Android version
  • download latest stable build: [e-1.20-s-20240220382012-stable-avicii.zip] [MD5] [SHA256] / [Recovery and boot img] Or which build do I need? Can I not use stable, only DEV? Daily use required. (I mentioned this question in post #4)
  • install using command line.
  • retry again and again when encountering errors.

thanks for all your help so far. Amazing support right here :wink:

fyi, I was using the dev build because of advice in the other thread where you gave tons of advice. Oneplus Nord manual installation problems

Personally I would choose T build dev. I never had a device which ran a stable build.
The other thread you link had success with the T dev build, one argument I made for that is the presence of the vendor partition update, which may help to rule out difficulties experienced in the past. That post concludes with (typo corrected).

However if you are using stable on another device, I can see the merit in staying with that in case some apps behave slightly differently.

I will support you whichever path you take; but you decide and we will stick with that (unless we learn better :slight_smile: )

Let’s just review “Android versions”

Android versions image

So if you are considering S build or T build there is no MSM download to do. Both builds require

on the latest Android 12 firmware.

May I return to the mention of Android 12.1 as this may be significant.

If you check on your Device #2, can we get any clues from an image of

Settings > About phone > Android version, which when opened will reveal the OS and firmware on the originally upgraded device.

If you simply see Android 12.1 somewhere then we can be more sure to progress I think, especially with the T build.

1 Like