Accent colour change eOS 1.0

Ah, okay. Not on Android 12 but yeah, that could be the case. Let’s see what others say.

My experimentation with Samsung A3 (2016) 1.9-q-20230312268823-dev-a3xelte was unsuccessful even on Android 10. Agreed @Lanky, Android 12 sounds to be unresponsive to this method, from what I read.

Firstly, slightly odd to see that in searching the full output of the following command ‘blue’ is not even found as preselected item

$ ./adb shell
a3xeltexx:/ $ cmd overlay list            
android
[snipped content]
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.black
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.brown
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.green

[ ] com.android.theme.color.cinnamon

[ ] com.android.theme.color.black
[ ] com.android.theme.color.green
[ ] com.android.theme.color.ocean
[ ] com.android.theme.color.space

[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.orange
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.purple

[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.yellow
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.blue
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.cyan
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.pink

I can attempt

a3xeltexx:/ $ cmd overlay enable org.lineageos.overlay.accent.green

… and now see

a3xeltexx:/ $ cmd overlay list                                                 
android
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.black
[ ] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.brown
[x] org.lineageos.overlay.accent.green
[snip]

This screenshot shows that the enable command was received by the device … but the actual change in accent colour never happened. Same result using other colours and root.

Changes successfully reversed with

1|a3xeltexx:/ $ cmd overlay disable org.lineageos.overlay.accent.green

Hey everyone, as you noticed the commands don’t work anymore with android 12. The only way I found to change the colors was by using PowerShade from the app store which requires horrible rights to your device to work.

I would be super glad for a workaround, but searching for hours I couldn’t find a solution to change the color.

The only lead I found (and not tested) is this tutorial, but it seems fairly complicated, just for having accent color.

Maybe because of this: 4634-R-Disable_multiple_color_choose_for_custom_theme (9dec92c8) · Commits · e / os / android_packages_apps_ThemePicker · GitLab

1 Like

Will we ever get this feature back? The default color affects some Material You apps and it can be often too dark for some views, causing bad contrast that can be hard to see for some people. Please let users change it to their needs, thanks.

3 Likes

Any opinions if I risk breaking something trying the adb command from above on /e/-R (Android 12)?

R=Android 11, S=Android 12.

But no, you won’t break anything. Either it works or it will not. Give it a try.

Note, if one is rooted one can do the command in a terminal, minus the adb part.

The lack of feedback from developers is incomprehensible, and the “because I said so” kind of attitude makes me sick. This is not a community, is someone’s garden.

With Lineage4MicroG accent colors work fine, so…so long

2 Likes