Access Murena cloud on all devices

Can i use mureno cloud on a graphene phone?
Thank you

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Can I access Murena Cloud on all of my devices, including mac os and and mainstream android os devices?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Hi @C0331086 welcome to the /e/ forum. I hope you will consider giving /e/OS a run on your device.

The invitation to create a free account is here https://doc.e.foundation/create-a-murena-cloud-account.

There is no reason I can see why Mac OS browser would have a problem.

My feeling with non /eOS Android devices is that you would be on your own to set up the device and support for setup probably not forthcoming for this free service.

The Murena cloud is a NextCloud instance. It can be accessed on any machine that can access NextCloud.

I use murena.io (and accounts on other NextCloud instances)

• accessing the Web UI from a browser on MacOS and Linux computers. I don’t usually access the web UI from a phone browser, but I’ve just tried it on a phone running LineageOS for microG 21.0 and it seems to work OK
  • synching Murena Contacts and Calendars, using DAVx5 and ICSx5 on Android devices (running LineageOS fro microG and IodéOS), and using Thunderbird on MacOS and Linux computers (the built-in calendar and the CardBook plugin)
  • syncing files (including documents and pictures) using NextCloud sync client software on phones and computers
  • working with notes using QOwnNotes on MacOS and Linux computers, and the NextCloud Notes app on Android phones.
2 Likes

I use murena on LineageOS so I imagine on Graphene it’d be fine too. I use the FolderSync for backing up photos (daily sync) because the Nextcloud app is terribly unreliable. I still haven’t found a good photos app that integrates with Nextcloud but I switch between Memories, Les Pas and Yaga. Contacts and calendar through DAvx5.

I’ve been using the NextCloud app for several years, and I have found it to be completely reliable

Do you use it to sync your photos/movies from your phone to Murena cloud? From what I’ve read it all started around v3.25 where sync fails as often as it succeeds, but of course your mileage may vary.

I have used it in the past to create a 'Google photos`-like solution, using NextCloud’s auto-upload functionality. It worked OK, then I realised that I don’t take many photos that I want / need to keep, so I manually move those photos to a directory in the NextCloud directory structure that is synched. Every so often I clean out the photos I don’t need from the phone using whatever Gallery app I’m currently using.

and, from my experience, NextCloud’s file sync - with Murena cloud and other NextCloud hosts - has been pretty bullet-proof: I have never noticed any problems.

That’s good to hear. I’ll try the app again in a few versions time, but the current 3.28 still fails for me (and many others upon a google search), not sure why. Filesync is amazing but not open source unfortunately. And obviously it’d be good to use fewer apps.