Access the e-Drive from the file manager?

Hi,
I think we should be able to access edrive from the file manager (com.android.documentsui). That’s how google-drive works.
It’s always faster than going through the ecloud.global website.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,
Nextcloud client app should register as SAF provider and be available in Files app, for every account you add in it (just like Google Drive or OneDrive).
Just tested OK with Android 13 /e/OS and Nextcloud app from AppLounge (F-Droid version).

You can also try MiXplorer: it includes an integrated WebDAV client, and much more :wink:

2 Likes

I thought the aim of e/OS was to give “non-geek” users easy access to a de-googlized and protected environment.

Why do users need to add an extra application to access their personal cloud space?

you can set up a webdav mount in Files with the already present “Account Manager” - [HOWTO] Use the Account Manager - #14 by marcdw

Might be worth it to file (or check) the backlog with a question why it isn’t setup by default

Because /e/ thought - wrongly in my opinion - that they could do a better job of ‘Synchronisation of user’s media and some device’s settings’ than the developers of the NextCloud app

They don’t!
As standard, local files are synchronized to Murena cloud, and accessing local files is then enough as they are identical to cloud.
It’s you who want to access directly cloud space from Files app, making things more complicated than they need to be :wink:
If you don’t want to use the built-in synchronization mechanism, you’ll then need to rely on third-party like Nextcloud app or web browser. Seems pretty fair to me.

I think both systems should be accessible.
When you use a google phone, you can choose to synchronize everything on google drive and you can also choose to view the contents of the drive directly with the google-drive application.

1 Like

I’m 100% with you!
In fact it is that missing part in /e , plus other minor ones, why I still don’t use the e-cloud self hosted.

I run owncloud and then nextcloud servers since 2012 and when nextcloud app arrived in f-droid it has been the GOTO solution.

For some users I really would not want them to use the nc app at all, as it has too great power in it’s settings and they mess up things sometimes.
But to access your cloud from the filemanager is just the way to go, these days.
People add folders in their cloud for specific reasons all the time, to put files there they want access to, but don’t need to be synced.
Just an example: People tend to backup all sorts of files, before they get a new phone and only pick what they need on their new phone, as they go.

So yes murena e-cloud should be here:

As mentioned a few posts up by @tcecyk , the /e/ Account Manager supports webdav mounts. Add your Murena cloud account to it and it will be available in Files.
So technically Nextcloud client isn’t needed if basic access is all that’s needed.

Since I use MiXplorer to access cloud storage I haven’t used the feature but I set it up today to check it out again. Works great.
URL to use is
https://murena.io/remote.php/webdav
Enter credentials and add the mount.

That’s the point… It should be there Out of the Box!
The UI and so many things in /e are meant to be simple!

Or at least have a simple toggle in the account manager, or in files app…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.