Accessing /e/ drive

I do host it on my own nas. Connection between my nas and my phone is working fine. If I take a picture it is uploading it into Photo on ndxtcloud.

But the folder connection is not working. Do I have to use the WebDAV link that nextcloud is suggesting me in the bottom left corner on my desktop browser.

If you are uding the original nextcloud client you can select which folder should be synced (uploaded).

If you are using the /e/ account setup all in documents folder should be synced.

I put some files in the documents folder and after a while it was on my phone. So it is working.
But only one way. I deleted those files on my phone and they are still on the nextcloud.
This is not ideal for me. I would rather have a total sync to always have the most recent file

Wait, it. Should work in both ways

Okay it seams to work both side.
But creating a filed on my phone in Documents will not sync to nextcloud. Only files, is that normal?

Sorry, I don’t understand. Are you meaning a created document in Documents is not synced ?

Sorry for my English.
I mean I created a Folder names xyz inside the Documents folder. Xyz is not syncing.

Files do sync fine but it seams that folders do not.

Could you try creating the same folder also in cloud. And check if than the document inside the new folder is synced ?

Some strange behaviour. I try to explain as good as possible. Everything is inside the documents folder

Creating an empty folder will not sync.
As soon as I put a new file (PNG) it syncs.

On the phone I deleted two folders with content but on the desktop there are still there.

Mhm, I think you have to go with ‘folder sync’ app. The tracker you can block with TrackerControl

Okay I will try folder sync.
I renamed a folder with content and just noticed that on my phone I have both folder the one with the old name and the same folder with the new name. Strange behaviour…

Is folder sync still the top recommended app for syncing photos and videos from cloud to phone?

1 Like