Add a ringtone on FP4

Hello,

I’d like to add a ringtone for my FP4, a cut part of a song that I love, but once I go into “add a ringtone” I can search the phone, I choose the file I want but then it’s not adding the file. Is it because it’a a MP3 file ?

Thank for helping !

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I just added an .mp3 to a Samsung successfully.

Maybe an extra step; you have to add the file, then find it added to the list, then select it.

Yes but that’s the problem, it doesn’t add itself to the list. Maybe I don’t understand well what you’re saying.

It worked actually… It’s just that it didn’t add itself by the name I gave to the file but by the real name of the song so I didn’t see it at first.

Good you got that figured out.

Wondering, where did you place the file? In both internal and external storage are directories for placing your own files.
Alarms, Notifications, and Ringtones. Drop sound files in those locations and they’ll be listed along with the others from the system.
As you discovered we have to check for the title when using music files (mp3, ogg, or whatever else is supported).

Having distinguishable meta data in the files would still be good. If you cut a song you like into pieces to have three different ringtones you will see all three with the same name in the list. This is confusing and when it happened it’s not easy to solve. You must correct the meta data before you bring the files into these folders.