Add external email accounts to murena.io webmail online email interface

Hello,

The new webmail interface for reading emails on murena.io is a very good interface as the previous one was. Though both do not allow to set-up external accounts to read emails from another provider/account/server.
The new interface has an option for adding a new account in the parameters, though any external account will yield an error saying that this domain is unauthorized.

Maybe there is a good reason for this behaviour (lack of time from the developpers ?).
Will it be possible in the future to add external email accounts in the murena.io webmail interface ?

Now that @murena.io email adresses are working well enough to be used as our main email address, I would like to use the murena.io webmail interface to read all my other emails like on my /e/ os smartphone. On PC, I currently use zimbra that is really not as good as murena.io . I have installed K9-/e/Mail app on my windows 11 PC but this is not a web interface that can be opened easily from another computer.

Thanks. I really like /e/ OS, especially the default apps, the trackers blocking feature and the murena cloud !

1 Like

Hello,

As far as I know, Murena Cloud admins have restricted available email domains in Snappymail.
Maybe for security or bandwidth concerns …
On self-hosted you can manage it by yourself and add any domain you need :wink:

@manoj could you please ask admins for the authorized domains list, and post back here? :pray:

Checking …will share once it is available

1 Like

Support for multiple external accounts in browser/webmail is the only thing keeping me from moving to the Murena Cloud completely. So I very much support this feature request.

1 Like