Adding a Google Play replacement to OnePlus 8Pro

Running OP8P with instantnoodlep version 21-20240607-NIGHTLY-instantnoodlep.

I recently upgraded from a previous version but that upgrade crashed and (almost) bricked my device.
After ADB-ing my way through I finally got it working again with the abovementioned version.

However, many apps now complain about missing Google Play Services, which was not the case with my previous install. In many cases the app stops closes automatically because of the missing services.

Is there a way to get around this (I once owned a GS290 with eOS that had MicroG services)?
I found MicroG to be available still for download. Is that a good option or are there other things/apps/services to consider?

Also, the included “App Lounge” doesn’t work. Meaning that I can search app, but when I try to install them the actual installation fails. After downloading it breifly says “Installing”, but that immediately changes to “Retry” (which of course doesn’t work).

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

This is not an /e/OS style of version number, it looks like LineageOS, Android 14, Lineage 21.

The /e/OS device page Info about OnePlus 8 Pro - instantnoodlep

Notice from the links that /e/OS is Android 13 (S) – (no 14 yet).

To install /e/OS complete with microG, use Install /e/OS on a OnePlus 8 Pro - “instantnoodlep” but

Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 13 firmware.

1 Like