Adding Datura like firewall (calyx os) to /e/OS

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request the inclusion of the Datura firewall in the /e/OS operating system. Datura is a powerful and user-friendly firewall application that offers advanced features such as per-app network access control, customizable rules, and detailed network activity logs.

Datura can filter network access for apps based on the following types of networks:

• Wi-Fi: Control whether apps can access the internet over Wi-Fi connections.
  • Mobile Data: Restrict apps from using mobile data for internet access.
  • VPN: Manage app permissions to use VPN connections.
  • Roaming: Block apps from accessing the network while roaming to prevent high data charges.

Adding Datura to /e/OS would enhance the security and privacy of users by providing them with greater control over their network connections. This aligns with the core values of /e/OS, which prioritize privacy and security for all users.

I believe that integrating Datura into /e/OS would be a valuable addition and greatly appreciated by the community. Thank you for considering this request.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes

Hi, there should be an option under Apps > See all apps > -select your app- > Mobile data & Wi-Fi

On my /e/OS port with Android 11 it is possible to disable or restrict network usage like background data, VPN data etc.
On other ROMs it is also possible, tried it on CalyxOS and DivestOS too. It’s an AOSP feature I guess.

1 Like

Thanks @Mr.V !! That’s what I was looking for.

I had a bit of a look around and for some reason I didn’t see that.

Now I can make /e/OS my daily driver. Yipeee!

Happy days!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 27 days. New replies are no longer allowed.