Advice about password reset, please

Hi to everyone,

I have forgotten my murena (mail) password.

When I select Forgot Password? a message pops up:

Warning: You will lose access to all current encrypted data in your account (e.g. passwords) if you continue. We recommend you check the app called Passwords for your Murena Workspace password before proceeding.

_______

This makes me very cautious of proceeding.

What does, “You will lose access to all current encrypted data in your account (e.g. passwords) if you continue.” mean, in terms I can understand?

_______

Also, I don’t understand the next bit:

We recommend you check the app called Passwords for your Murena Workspace password before proceeding.

I can not find the app called Passwords.

_______

Also, I see, “Log in with a device”

How is this done and/or set up?

_______

I look forward to all replies,

Peace

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online services

Hi again,

I don’t understand this.

What data would be encrypted?

Does this only mean I will not be able to use my current password or something else?

Normally in other places where you reset your password, that is all you do and you don’t lose anything.

All help very much appreciated

Peace

i think it means the password manager app and the vault space

Hallo @piero

Are you doing well?

Thank you very much for your reply.

I do not have/can not see the password manager app and the vault space. Should I ?

If I reset my password, do you know what I might lose? From the message I get from the reset password link/button I am quite concerned as I naturally don’t want to lose anything or access to it.

This part is confusing for me:

“You will lose access to all current encrypted data in your account (e.g. passwords) if you continue.”

What is ‘all encrypted data in (my) account’ ?

Thanks again. Peace

@Manoj may clarify and confirm my understanding

1 Like

We have a guide for the Password app which you can check for details.

2 Likes

Thank you @Manoj .

I looked at the link you gave me.

I find it a bit odd, though.

“Tip: /e/OS Passwords will be available starting with /e/OS v4.1 (July 2026).”

Today I received notification that /e/OS 4.0 is available to update.

Does that mean it is not yet functional or available? (As it’s still June 2026]

I can’t see Passwords anywhere on my phone. Or Vault.

Running Android 14

3.7.3-a14-20260507618662-official-tetris

I can’t remember using Vault but that doesn’t mean I didn’t. It’s been quiet a hectic few months and a lot has happened.

Can I access Vault through Murena Workspace? If so, ic I can’t remember my password, I can’t log in and see my vault (if I have one)

Thanks again

Peace

First level troubleshooting is probably to check and confirm you have a working

Recovery email

1 Like

This apps are in the murena.io workspace…

1 Like

@aibd aibd

Hallo my friend, thank you for chipping in!

I went through my other email service and found a welcome letter from Murena from 2023 which sounds about right. So I imagine that’s my recovery email?

As for any links to login in, that’s the point here: I can’t log in to my account because I have forgotten my password. I might have changed it when I loaded this phone in December, with much help from you, but things were seedy for me back then.

Can a (normal) user see the Passwords app or Vault app on their phone? (without logging into Workspaces?

Peace

Thanks @piero

So I can’t see them normally on my phone?

I am puzzled how you can get to your password for your account if you have forgotten it.

Perhaps I’ll try the Forgot Password option and see if I lose anything or not.

I shall await a reply from @aibd before I do.

Thank you my friend

Peace

According to your first post,
You are expected to loose encrypted datas in your account.
encrypted datas are passwords you registred into the password manager app, and documents you placed into the vault space

1 Like

You need to have

  • your email
  • your Recovery email

Two things.

When you cannot login to your account, then you would use the Recovery email.

Maybe you do not have a Recovery email?

If that were the case your would follow the guidance in the quote.

Users can see nothing on their Workspace before they login.

I think that the heavy duty warning is because you have not yet tried to use Recovery email instead of Reset Password.

1 Like

Thank you both @piero and @aibd

May I ask, please, how do I use the recovery email?

You might remember I am not the sharpest knife in the block!

Peace

When you will use the “forgotten password” feature, you probably will receive a link by eMail to ceate a new password

1 Like

Hi @piero

I’m still using my Murena.io mail on my phone so my phone must have my password stored somewhere.

I wanted to log in to my account to change a couple if bits. Also, donations and upgrading accounts need me to log in. (I think, from memory; tried a week or two ago)

Thank you for your help. You are very kind.

Peace

@aibd aibd

Hi again,

I’m thinking about doing the update to v 4.0 tonight .

Would it be best to sort my password first? The update can wait if need be.

I saw in @Manoj post about Passwords & Vault being part of the v 4.0 update .

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated,

Peace

As a paying customer you would use Contact Us or …

As a free user you would probably need to

Do not include your recovery email ID in the open forum but be prepared to include it by DM so that this can be passed to the infra team.

Best not to Upgrade if using this method of resolution.

… because he was answering a specific question

2 Likes

Hallo @aibd

I followed your advice and instruction. Contacted Manoj @Manoj and from there clicked the reset button and I received an email from my recovery address. :fireworks::sparkler:

No info lost.

Thank you again for helping me. You and @piero are shining examples of what a great service Murena is (Manoj too!)

Blessings

Peace

1 Like

Hi @aibd

After I reset my password I did the update to v 4.0. All went smoothly. I like the new lock & home screen. Nice.

I was able to upgrade my account also.

e/OS/ is a really satisfying system and a pleasure to have and use.

Thanks again

Peace

2 Likes