Age of data: the Card Game

Introducing Age of Data: the Card Game! a unique and fun card game about personal data collection.

Imagine your phone going ‘TADA!’ every time it sends out your !DATA without you knowing

We want people to be aware of personal data collection practices in commercial mobile operating systems and applications. So we have designed a unique card game to make the learning curve fun and easy.

“Age of Data: the Card Game” will teach anyone, from 7 to 77 and even more, the basics of personal data challenges, and how anyone can reduce its exposure to microtargeting and personal data collection.

“Age of Data: the Card Game” is available now as a beta version, that anyone can download for free (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 licensed https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/), print and cut, to start plays with friends and families.

In return, we expect your feedback in this thread.

We will use this feedback to improve the game in its final version, that will be available for free download and also “ready to use” at production and handling costs.

Download now!

(other languages will be available with the final version)

Play and report your feedback here!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

15 Likes

I will wait for the physical version. Great idea!

2 Likes

Very nice. We would like to try that. Also, we could make a Dutch version. Which is better when the Adobe Illustrator and other source files are also shared.

fantastic! is there the source code? i would translate it in my language and spread it :slight_smile:

How to win this game ?

Hello! That is a very good idea and I am very motivated to contribute to improve this game. I did not play it yet but I already have a suggestion: it would be nice for the players to be able to have good privacy habits such as using an open source browser, installing an adblocker, browsing in private mode…
Those card would reduce the privacy point lost, either by -1 or by dividing per 2.
I will think more about this and post again here when I have other suggestions.

1 Like

Nice one !
But data privacy is already a big challenge, if i need to read english there will be no fun :frowning:

Is that possible to put the text on a git and then i will translate it to french ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.