All my passwords gone

After update to e/OS 2.4 all my saved passwords disappeared.
Any suggestions?

Gigaset 290

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

Where did you save them?

1 Like

I never seen the need to save anything before upgrade earlier over the years I used e/OS.

This part also appears like a bug from the past resurfacing again, i.e. passwords are not saved. Annoying.

Are you referring to the browser saving passwords used on websites for you perhaps? (Not everybody uses this feature, hence the question.)

Or are accounts you previously had set up now missing in Settings - Accounts?

i have the same issue, my browser’s saved passwords disappeared and no saving new.

1 Like

Option to save locally was removed from Chromium recently. The fix comes as a patch from upstream which needs to be incorporated to the Browser code. This patch will come as part of the v2.5

Please do not clear app data for your browser as the v2.5 update will restore the passwords.

5 Likes

Hello,

Since the 2.4 update I’ ve just noticed my passwords are no longer saved in password manager on the spot browser.

Not gonna lie that’s frustrating, respectfully.

I recieved a system bug notifcation I sent to my murena email. Who can I send it to? Can I retrieve the passwords?

Cheers

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

So, I’ll let someone else weigh in regarding saved browser passwords and whether they can be recovered; that I can’t help with.

What I can help with is giving you a better solution going forward. There’s an app in F-Droid and App Lounge called NC Passwords. Install it, and when prompted, provide your murena.io credentials. From there, go to Settings → Accounts → Autofill Service, and pick NC Passwords. Finally, go to the browser’s settings, go to Password Manager, and ensure that “Enable native Android Autofill” is set to ‘on’.

Put it all together, and passwords entered in your browser going forward won’t be saved to your browser’s cache, but to your Murena account, where you can edit them on the web and integrate them into Chromium browsers.

I’m sorry for the rebuild process that is to follow (unless someone else has good news for you), but I hope that this procedure will be helpful.

1 Like

Also, please read here: All my passsords gone - #6 by Manoj

1 Like

Hi Manoj, any idea when this fix(2.5) will take place?

Looking at how /e/OS versions come roughly monthly, since 2.4 is being rolled out right now, it would be safe to assume end of October/start of November-ish.

1 Like

We will start the internal testing of v2.5 next week. The public release should be end of October at the earliest.

Pretty sure that app is no longer maintained and the recommendation is to use this one.

1 Like

Reported here, too https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/8304