Am I the only one for which AppLounge consistently doesn't work?

Yeah, updated the new Aurora Store 4.2.2 from F-Droid now.

Crashed at first start, had to clear the cache, cleared also once for all the entire app memory. Then it did start and showed also a cleaned up GUI. I can see a lot of apps there, also in categories, got some updates, added some to the lock list, but Search (which didn’t succeed before at all) says now “Oops, This account is rate limited” (related to my anonymous account), whatever this means.

If I understand it, think of rate limiting as controlling the amount of requests coming from a certain source.

Let’s say Aurora has a limited number of API keys (or gmail addys in this case) used for anonymous access. Now imagine thousands of requests coming from those keys or addresses. Might be seen as excessive traffic, thus controlled / limited.

Reminds me of when a lot of launchers would include weather. OpenWeatherMap (OpenStreetMap) was included but it was recommended to use your own key. Otherwise updates might not happen due to too many requests coming from the built in key.

Something like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, but … they (Aurora) did implement the “anonymous account” feature. If they now suddenly can’t handle it correctly and count all the people who use it as one it’s their own problem.

2 Likes

AppLounch and Aurora don’t work anymore. Fairphone 3 e-os 1.10
What to do?

Check out the other very similar thread where this well known issue is discussed, especially this post suggesting a solution Aurora store stopped working after latest e/OS update May 9 2023 - #20 by smu44.

In the case of App Lounge it may be helpful to

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > App Lounge > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

… and / or – “try again later”. App Lounge has a certain dependency on Aorora App Lounge - know all about it.

App Lounge was working for me fine an hour ago.

App Lounge works, actually Aurora works too and allows installs and updates but doesn’t let the user search an app by name.

Thank you. After Clear storage it worked again. So Clear cache is not enough!

Search in Aurora Store is wotking for me now

Really? For me it got even worse today! Nothing works anymore, not even the nightly build.
Cleared cache and memory and did a restart, didnt help…

Sometimes. Browsing the search result is not very stable, I had several crashes when I reached the 5th or 6th item from the top. Seems to be a banana software.

I guess that´s related topics so I just take the freedom to link my own post over here:

1 Like

Google is the root of the problem. They are jamming the anonymous logins and are prepared to delete any gmail accounts that use frontends.

App Lounge doesn’t work even after up date the OS only a black screen.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.