Anbox running on Librem 5 (PureOS)

The Linux Android emulator Anbox is now officially supported on the Librem 5 (earlier post here). This is a really cool development for people who would like to transition to a Linux phone, but cannot completely leave Android behind for some reason. As important as the emulation, it provides container/sandboxing features too, so running Android apps on Anbox gives users more control than they have on a native Android phone.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for the info. This will definitely help transitioning to a linux phone, at least for me and my coming evergreen librem 5. On the other I have switched to /e/ for the waiting period and I find it so cool that I have started deploying it among my family. So I think I will keep on supporting both!

1 Like

If you are using /e/ you ARE using a Linux phone! Android is based on Linux!

true, like IOS phone are UNIX phone. I meant “trusted” linux phone :slight_smile:

2 octobre 2020 11:13 “Rik via /e/ community” <community@e.email> a écrit:

well, i am not an expert, but are iOS and Android not different in their origins, since Android is open-source, and iOS is not?

at least more knowledgeable… Keep on educate me :). Let say I feel safer with /e/ or pureos and their purpose.

2 octobre 2020 13:09 “Rik via /e/ community” <community@e.email> a écrit:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.