Android 12L task bar and home screen in samsung galaxy tab s6 lite

I recently installed /e/os (dev s) on a brand new samsumg galaxy tab s6 lite.

After install I opted for gesture navigation in settings. Since the bliss launcher does not appear to rotate and does not scale to tablet screen size well (and since I does not like it much any ways), I installed the Lean Launcher which is open source and works very well - it rotates and has suitable size icons and grid.

After using the device for a few hours, I found that sometimes a grey bar with a few icons shows in the bottom of the screen. It can be hitten/displayed, and ressearch told me that it is the Android 12L task bar. It can be used to switch between apps fast and isonc can be dragged onto th screen to split it. Very nice. But wait - in /e/os the settings for this thing is missing. It should pr default contain apps from the “favorites” section of the home screen, but can be configured in settings to show recent apps, which in my opinion makes much more sense - but that settings panel is mssing in /e/os, and changing the favorite apps in bliss or lean manager does now apply. In my case, it displays three apps, two of which I do not use - the built in browser and contacts, and camera which I may use in rare occations.

So two suggestions:

1. fix bliss so it supports bigger screens well (rotate, suitable icon/grid sizes)
  2. add settings for the android 12L task bar, so that it becomes useful.

Kindly,
Anders

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It has been recognised [1] that Bliss does not work on tablets and landscape mode !

All is expected to be well with different Launcher.

Hi aibd,
I installed lean launcher, which works fine on the tablet, but I still miss settings for the android 12l taskbar. If you don’t know this feature look here: Recursos e mudanças do 12L  |  Android 12  |  Android Developers

Anders

I actually found the setting to turn the taskbar on/off, but no way of making it useful (by deciding what should be in it). A,ndroid settings are not so well organized imo :slight_smile:
Anders

So where is the setting? I still cannot find it.

Settings, Buttons, activate task bar (translated back from danish)

1 Like

Thank you, found it!