Android 14 (/e/OS-U)

So the thing is, I just saw an Instagram post by Fairphone that the FP5 just got A14, and the FP4 while get in mid-september. So as a FP5 User myself, I would like to know when A14 will come to /e/OS. In the devices list, it seems that /e/OS-T is still the newest version, and when searching on the Forum for A14, I didn’t really find an answer to when will we get A14? The best thing I heard was “According to last 3 years experience, I bet for September…” and not only is that a pretty vague (and unoffical), but I am not even sure if that answer is realy related to my question and not maybe something similar. Also afaik the updater does not yet support Android-Version-Upgrades, right? So how would we (as users) update from T to U when the time has come?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

If you are on the “official/stable” branch, there should be an OTA upgrade via the android updater, but for “community/dev” branch, upgrade must be done via recovery or fastboot…

1 Like

Okay that is great to know, thanks.

No. (As of now.)

“is about to get”
“will start rolling out to Fairphone 5 users shortly”

Edit a few hours later: With shortly they really meant shortly, it’s being rolled out now, apparently.

No, in the meantime it does support this for selected devices and selected upgrade steps, which will need to be prepared by the developers with a lot of work and testing (like with any stock Android OS in this regard).
You can follow proceedings in the weekly posts in Topics tagged development-updates, section “OS OTA Related information” currently.

Correct.

There is no answer to find yet …

3 Likes
1 Like

Hey there,
will A14 also be rolled out to FP4 at some point?
Thanks

Most probably, but what we know for sure so far is …

2 Likes

Short answer : When it is ready , it may takes few months I would say