Any ideas for Bliss improvements?

You can use this Repo for F-Droid and use Omega Launcher.
A fork of Lawnchair. Omega is still under development.

3 Likes

Fair enough, thanks.

However, like I’d guess the vast majority of Android users, I’ve always just used whatever launcher has come pre-packaged.

What launchers do you like? Any recommendations for nice stable open source ones that’ll work nicely with /e/ (and let you arrange icons however you please).

Thanks!

Agreed. I never use any of that screen. I’d like that whole screen to be able to be disabled.

(also, on the few occasions I have looked at that screen to check the weather I’ve found it really annoying that in the evening it displays the forecast for the evenings - that’s not how any weather app I’ve ever seen anywhere works - most people want to see the daytime forecast, hence why that is the standard default)

Lawnchair (from F-droid)
Lawnchair 2 (from Aurora Store)
Omega Launcher (from github or Izzy on F-Droid - enable the Izzy repo in F-droid to get updates)

2 Likes

The ability to sort apps by name (applying to folders as well).

The ability to remove stock widgets and generally making widgets easier to work with.

An option to set the default screen as a customizable free space that lets me actually see my background would be nice (yeah I’m aware this is basically an app drawer, my apologies).

Those three would be a big improvements.

Landscape support is a must for tablets.

2 Likes

I’ve installed omega this morning and it ruins Signal Push Notifications.
When I decided to go back to Lawnchair, wich used to runs correctly on my phone, signal notifications didn’t come back.
I can’t register again signal in MicroG as that possibility is not offered.

Hi

• May be already said but 5 rows icons settings and all apps listing view …
  • Fix the useless icon form settings and weather widget insane…
  • There is an issue with DNS too, with my teracube 2e build 0.20 Android 10 the DNS work only with the stock browser DoH/DoT but all other browser (apps?) do not

It would be great to change the default search engine used in Bliss swipe down search toolbar. Spot.ecloud.global is great sometimes, but it would be nice if you could choose the search engine you like. This is the only reason I don’t like to use the search tool, which is very sad because idea of it, is great.

3 Likes

1/ To hidde some app icons in example, SimCard toolbox or Openboard icon
Those app are integrated to the system and i don’t need an icon to use them (like you did for pdf viewer plus i.e).

Agree. Moving my OnePlus 9 Pro from Lineage MicroG to /e/ soon. This will be a feature I miss.

Is any improvement in bliss gonna happen?

My recommendation: Try “Last Launcher” (on F-Droid) - the greatest Launcher I’ve ever seen!

It’s totally different, very lean but powerful. After 2 days with it I love the new experience!

1 Like

Auto screen rotation especially on tablets is a must ;- )

2 Likes