Any issues with Rainloop?

Since ours Railoop is slow, very, very slow and no email details are shown.

1 Like

I posted basically the same thing ~last week. This is a handy link: https://status.ecloud.global/

It would be nice to hear when it might be restored, paging @Manoj ! :smiley:

1 Like

The issue was mentioned in an announcement here

A email which isn’t usable for more than 4 days is a no go

2 Likes

You can still access your email with email clients like thunderbird etc, and I’ve been doing that over the last 5-ish days. Oddly, the rainloop/webmail webapp still works for me in the evening, just not in the morning. But yeah, it’s not a good look for a company trying to convince people to move all their data to a shiny new platform.

I do hope they sort this out and maybe work on better up time overall, there’s still a feeling that this is all a bit sketchy and ‘subject to change’. But I love the idea and when it’s all working it’s a great replacement for everything I used my google account for - in fact, the ‘only office’ apps are better than the google apps IMO. But I wont be getting rid of my google account just yet…

I have tried, but k9 wasn’t able to download any mail for several hours and I was waiting for a confirmation mail.

Actually, something seems to be up with thunderbird now. It gets to ‘connected to mail.ecloud.global…’ but no further. Email seems to be completely nuked for me now!

Yeah, better using a better email provider. Like tutanota,or posteo.

They toggle it during peak times.

The service is free of charge for most of us and all is in beta stage. I would not use it in an productive environment at the moment.

The buisness model of tutanota is somewhat similar to.the e foundation (donations, premium subscriptions). But they focus on e-mail only not on entire ecosystem (operating system for 90+ devices, cloud, …). To fund employees with a decent income is quite a challenge. If I look at the numbers of tutanota and posteo and compare them to e it must be tough for e.

I guess if more people pay then e can hire sustainably staff that fixes issues fast 24/7.

2 Likes

I noticed today that things were intermittently back to normal…specifically I can see the list of inbox messages on webmail at least. There has been a couple of times so far where the email would not actually load due to an ‘Unknown error’.