App Lounge can't update or install apps

Hello,

problem

I am facing some difficulties with App Lounge for 3 weeks at least. I’m unable to do 2 actions :

• update
  • install/download

Apart from these two actions, I do not find any other issue (I’m able to visit all the applications). The update or install button is displayed on the screen, but when clicking on them, a new button “cancel” is displayed but the download of the new app version isn’t starting.

temporary solution

I first tried to clear the cache (as reported in this issue : App lounge cant update or install apps, but no good results.

I downloaded aurora stored, from which app lounge is forked (I am not sure). I was able to install it and all the apps installed on my phone are visible in the app store. I then tried to update one app which I did successfully, and this updated apps is visible as updated, with the good version in the App Lounge. I’m also able to install apps

Request for help

I am wondering :

• If the new /e/OS 2.0 (if it is the future version) installation will re-install all the system and particularly the app lounge, so the App Lounge issue will probably be fixed, as it sounds to be specific to my device and not to the other users ?
  • If clearing the storage is a good idea to try ?
  • If it is possible to remove and re-install App Lounge?
  • If it is necessary to re-install the system completely? (then what about the original warranty ?)
  • If you have any other suggestions?

Model and version

• FP4
  • e/OS/ v1.9

Thanks for your help!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

You can clear cache AND user data of App lounge, then reconnect again. It should work.

From time to time it fails to open (timeout fetch applications), close and reopen mostly work.

I have also a Fairphone 4 on 1.9 stable, and App Lounge runs pretty well most of the time.

Hi Stanwood,

Thank you for your advice it actually worked for me !

Thanks for the reminder @stanwood!! That helped me too to update OSM & OnlyOffice which didn’t want to be updated for a week!!

Why u not updating tk 1.10 or 1.11?

Hello Joe,

Actually i would like to and I think it is also a good solution but it isn’t availlable for me at the moment, it will arrive soon none the less, the new version is release between the 17 and the 24/04 for the last devices !

For me the same problem with my FairPhone 3
Tried every step mentioned here without success.
Removed f-droid, and aurora, cleaned Cache and Store, did a hard reset.
Nothing helps.

Also my “cloud account” looks different as it should be.
It looks like something is wrong with my device.
Running /e/OS 1.12.3-s-20230615299639-stable-FP3

Have you tried switching OFF all 3 Advanced Privacy services and restart before using App Lounge?

There was a new release of NextCloud about 3 weeks ago https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/infra/ecloud/nextcloud/-/releases/25.0.8.9

Thanks aibd,

Yes but no success.

Can you be more specific, perhaps a screenshot ?

You might check if either symptom changes in Safe Mode.

Press power button > Long press “Power off” > Reboot to safe mode.

This might indicate if “something you installed” changed the phone behaviour.

How to get into safe mode?

no sync of photo video either starting from Mai 23

Secure boot is disabled