App Lounge installs v7a versions on v8a, why?

Why does App Lounge install v7a instead of v8a apks?
Thanks.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

if I want to reproduce - on what appid did this occur? I’d guess theres some bundling / packaging detail to it.

dvd - org.yausername.dvd
LibreOffice Viewer - org.documentfoundation.libreoffice
Mull - us.spotco.fennec_dos
VLC - org.videolan.vlc

Edit: It seems to be just some open source apps, not all.

upfront: better use the fdroid client.

/e/ AppLounge goes through its cousin intermediary cleanapk API for fdroid packages (more for historical reasons - it used to channel playstore apks through that API too before going to playstore directly. Have a opinion there but usually threads just derail on that topic).

Now if cleanapk doesn’t catalog more than one arch, you’ll get the one existing - being the arm v7a package - as with all your examples, there wasnt a v8a in the api response (how?)

Couldn’t find an apk with more than one arch to test if the code really can’t pick device arch. It used to if catalogued. I used to look into this.

You can ping at the email address mentioned at https://info.cleanapk.org/ and ask if this is intentionally reduced to v7a or create a gitlab backlog issue, someone will read this.

Suggest you create an issue on Gitlab with these app names and the details. I have passed on the details to the developers to check. Will update if there are any inputs.

I use Droid-ify, this is how I realised that I had some apps using the v7a arch. Thanks for the information.

Ok thanks, I’ll submit an issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.