App Lounge keeps crashing

I’m running a Serial Number 2021 Teracube 2e with the latest O/S version.

I attempted to access ‘App Lounge’, it gave me the option of using a Google ID or accessing the App Lounge anonymously. I chose anonymously.

The app crashed, and now it crashes each time I try to access it.

Is there a way to access it using our @e.email address? Is there some way of getting it working without using a Google ID? I haven’t had one of those for years and years. My old Blu Life One X3 was de-Google’d, too, by myself.

1 Like

Got it working…

Go to:
Settings > Apps and notifications > App Lounge > Storage & Cache > Tap “Clear Cache” and “Clear Storage”.

Enable Mobile Data (for some reason, even if WiFi is enabled).

Start App Lounge, wait for it to load… it’ll show a weird interface that looks like it’s crashing for a couple minutes, then the icons load in and it all works.

1 Like

The ‘Advanced Privacy’ VPN setup seems to be messing with it. When I disable it, App Lounge loads more quickly, and the podcast app I installed can actually contact the internet (it’s got no trackers and a 9/10 score, presumably the dock of 1 point is due to the permissions, which I’ve taken care of manually).

This happened to me before the advanced privacy update. Clearing the cache fixed it.

1 Like

There is something going on with the AppLounge and updates for the NextCloud App. All the other apps update and install perfectly on my terracube phone but for some reason NextCloud is hanging up. The update is downloaded and there is a brief attempt to install the app and then I get the “retry” button in place of the install button. Clicking on that starts the whole process over.

I’ve tried clearing cache and stopping both AppLounge and NextCloud. I’ve rebooted my phone. Nothing seems to get around the problem. Otherwise NextCloud and AppLounge both seem to be working.

Anybody else?

Q!

1 Like

I think I cleared both cache and storage, did the app lounge setup again, and then it started working again.

I saw the NextCloud update in App Lounge on my Teracube. Tapped on update and it installed fine.
Have you had any success since your last post?

Interestingly, I’m not getting notifications about the update any more–I’m not sure what, if anything, I may have done. If it’s working, don’t try and fix it, right?

My installed version of nextcloud is 3.20.1. Is this the most current version? If not, then the inability to update will likely return. But if so, then clearly update did occur for whatever reason.

Thanks for your interest. I’ll update as I encounter new information.

Q!

That was my installed version also. The update is 3.20.3.

Same on my Fairphone 4. Working when I use the 4G but not working with Wifi :confused:

I have also been facing the same issue. I first try to reopen the App Lounge a couple of times.
Sometimes it opens up after the 4th or 5th try automagically.
Otherwise do the following steps.

I try with the Cache first, if unsuccessful then I clear the Storage.

Is there a way to upvote a thread so to bring it to the developers attention, or do we open a issue in Gitlab for this?

As this is treated as a community forum we cannot really expect devs spending time here! This is a search of open Gitlab App Lounge issues, sorted{might require re-sorting} by priority, 146 open issues!

I will open or upvote issues on Gitlab. Thanks for the reply

I got my App Lounge to stop crashing! It still reports a connectivity issue when checking for updates, even with WiFi and/or Mobile Data on and working properly, but it doesn’t crash anymore.

I set the APN settings for my telephone carrier, and App Lounge started working (FSVO ‘working’). A side benefit is that I got a faster Mobile Data connection speed.

1 Like

My App Lounge started working properly… no crashes and now it’s shown an app update, and the update for that app completed with no problems.