App suggestions after use

app-suggestions

After some time using /e/, here’s my suggestions of apps:

• Amaze for file manager: very light and support root explorer
  • IceCatMobile for web browser: use Gecko instead of Blink (Chrome) and support all Firefox extensions
  • Vanilla Music for music player: not really good looking (but it can be enhanced) but support ReplayGain
  • VLC for video player: a classic

Other installed apps by default are OK for me.
Maybe it could be a very great feature to purpose several apps for default at /e/ setup, for exemple:
What app do you want by default for SMS?

1. Signal: Good points, bad points
  2. QKSMS: Good points, bad points
  3. Silence: Good points, bad points

And I’m also searching an app to replace Clean Master (cleaner / antivirus), but I didn’t found yet.

Antivirus apps for Android range from useless to malware, there are no useful antivirus apps.
I guess for cleaner apps the picture is similar.

I the think 40MB apk is to much. Foss browser is under 10mb

Thanks for the link to VLC :slight_smile:

IceCat seems to be based on a version of Gecko which is no longer supported (52 ESR). I use Fennec which is a very similar idea to IceCat but up to date.

“Fennec F-Droid (Browse the web)” - https://f-droid.org/app/org.mozilla.fennec_fdroid

After multiple tests, I have found the best cleaner for Android :
SD Maid
No ads, light and very efficient!

SD Maid is excellent

I am now using Malwarebytes and it is looking quite good. have you any thought why this should not be good option for using?

Perhaps because according to the exodus privacy report, this application (like almost all anti-malware) is full of trackers. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do use Exodus and it has “only” 4 tracker which I consider quite good. I also use Blokada so the have no other use. I already had success with Malwarebytes, somehow adware installed to my phone and it detected it and get rid of it.