App will not run, says device is rooted

SafetyNet was working on /e/ before summer 2019 thanks to MicroG, but sadly Google changed the way SafetyNet works and MicroG isn’t able to bypass it anymore. That’s why there is this useless SafetyNet section in MicroG.

2 Likes

We (me and @trond) both have a locked bootloader. That could be a difference. I’ll try the test app.

Edit: It fails for me too. MicroG core crashes consistently during the test.

Ok. I would like to thank you both @aig and @harvey186 for your efforts - as a normal /e/ user I really appreciate it!

It seems that changing build mode to user makes the Rootbeer checks pass, but there are still security tests in the Vipps application that fail, and we don’t know which. Is that an accurate summary of the situation?

yes and I have tried some other hacks and getting errors like 2-5-6 :frowning:

OK, thank you @harvey186 for testing stuff! I assume this included the “how to install banking apps” with Magisk and Busybox that you linked to very early in this thread, back in May?

I guess that’s as far as we come, at least this time. Thank you to you and @aig once more.

Yeah I guess this is as far as we get for now. We know that a user build would solve one problem, but that others remain. I think it’s likely that we’d need safetynet to work, but that’s up to MicroG to resolve.

Thanks to you too @trond, I hope we can get it working at some point in the near future :slight_smile:

Hey! As you can see by looking through this thread, there is no solution yet. @harvey186 and @aig got one step closer by setting build mode to user, but there are still problems with SafetyNet and it’s probably up to microG to solve it. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi, I know this was supposed to be without root, but the only way I got this app working was of course with root.
So to anyone it might concern: use magisk, magisk hide (microg core, vipps and phone, rootbeer uses phone) and hide magisk manager.

1 Like