AppLounge Updates stuck?

Since about the end of December I am unable to update the Feeder app. It seemes that, after an failing download in the AppLounge’s Updates view the button which normally says “update” now only says “install” and when I press it it changes to “cancel” but nothing happens. The AppLounge still shows me daily notifications about those new updates. I thought I wait for the next update and it may recover, but this was not the case. Unfortunately meanwhile I also experience the same with OsmAnd~. I know I probably could just uninstall and reinstall those apps but this is really cumbersome! Any suggestions about how to fix it? I guess it is probably a corrupted download cache or similar, but I am not really familiar with Android so I do not know where to start debugging that problem :frowning:

edit: Clearing the cache via settings > apps & notifications > app info > app lounge > storage & cache > clear cache did not help either

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

I can confirm this for my device as well.
A whole list of apps that are not updated.

I have the same problem, I can’t update any app from AppLounge, it always appears “retry” and it happens the same when I want to install a new app.

One option is you can try downloading the latest App Lounge apk’s

I updated to the latest stable version (from 2.4.4 to 2.4.6), but the problem remains.

1 Like

Will this ever be successfully fixed or answered? Is this even the right place to bring this problem here? I am really uncertain about what to do!

could you quote your current e/OS version? [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

Sure, /e/ OS version is: 1.8.1-r-20230204257076-stable-emerald, the model is a Teracube 2e.

the f-droid sourced apks stall for me too in AppLounge. It’s not related to a token pool to talk to the gplay api. I see some failing request… → follow this: App Lounge auto update gets stuck again (#6693) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

Edit: workaround is AppLounge storage and cache purge, you’ll reach this via Settings → Apps

Hi,
This works for me: Go to “Settings”, “Apps & notifications”, “App Lounge”, “Storage & cache”, “Clear storage”, “Delete app data?”, Ok. Then restart your phone. App Lounge update should now work again :smiley:

I have had the same problem for many versions of eos/applounge. It has gotten better for a couple of updates now. So it is getting better at least :slight_smile:
I hope that this helps.

Yes, this solved it for me. Thanks to all of you!!