Apps won't install

Hey there.
I’m having problems installing apps. I’ve been trying to install Icecat from native repo and it doesn’t work (other apps work instead).
So I tried to install Icecat from F-Droid, Aurora or downloaded apk file and it won’t work either. This is when I discover that no apps will install from sources other than native repo. I can download them but at the moment of installing them nothing happens. I tap on “install” (see attached pic) and I get absolutely no feedback, just as if I weren’t tapping on it.
I have been able to install apps from downloaded apks until recently, and “Install from unknown sources” is on.
My device is LeEco Le x520, Android 7, latest /e/ build.
Any support appreciated, thanks!

The buildin apps store has bugs as hell.

Please use Aurora from f-droid

I fear it’s a more general, device based (?) problem though. As I said I can’t install certain things from F-Droid either. I downloaded Aurora but can’t install it, just as Icecat

Oh, ok. Than.there is realy a problem.

Is it a fresh install or an update. I would prefer a new fresh clean flash of eOS

It’s an update, I flashed some months ago

Could you try copying any apk to your device and try to install?

depending on your version of android for LeEco, is it pie? Cause you have to allow apps like f-droid, aurora the permission to install apps from ‘other sources’, older versions of android you have to enable Install from unknown sources feature in settings. Maybe this is your issue?

1 Like

Could you try copying any apk to your device and try to install?

I’m starting to see that’s the actual problem, I can’t install apps in any way except with native repo (and still in some cases that won’t work, e.g. Icecat. But I’m starting to think it’s a specific Icecat problem, since other apps I tested will install, although with a lot of patience)

older versions of android you have to enable Install from unknown sources feature in settings

done (it’s Android 7). It’s just a recent problem, must have come with a recent update (?), in the past I was able to install downloaded apks without problems…

I’m updating the first post with these details