ASUS - ZenFone 2 Z00A (ze551ml)

My Asus ZenFone 2 is currently running on its original OS (based on Android 5.0) which has not been updated since May 2017.
I would like it to be supported by /e/ in order to have a more recent Android version without buying a new one and especially to stop it from giving all my data to Google.

Here are the custom ROM available on XDA for this device:

There is one issue with this device : sometimes the touchscreen either goes crazy or stops responding. I don’t know if it’s a software or a hardware problem. Cleaning the screen seems to resolve the issue most of the time, otherwise I have to take the phone protection off.

I hope I’ll be able to install /e/ on it soon :wink:

I would like Also Asus Zenphone selphie Z00UD/ZD551KL

Lineageos link is here:

Hello

Thank you very much for your build… and sorry for taking so much time to answer :pensive:
I tried to flash my phone with it but I didn’t get through: maybe I missed something or maybe there is something wrong with my phone because I didn’t manage to flash my phone with the Lineage build either.

Have a nice week!

Hello, FYI I made a more up to date build for this device 10 days ago.

If you use the latest version of TWRP (3.4.0), an error 7 occurs to many users. Use the version 3.3.1 of TWRP instead.

Hello,
Thank you very much! And thanks for the tip about TWRP. I couldn’t try it though because my phone has a big hardware problem: it’s like someone invisible is tapping randomly on the screen making it often nearly impossible for me to use it. So I resigned myself to getting a new phone and am now the happy owner of a /e S8.
Thanks again for your help!