Asus Zenfone 7 Pro / Zenfone7 - I002D (ZS671KS)

Hello Murena- respectively /e/-Team,

could you please start to support the Zenfone 7 Pro (and Zenfone 7 which are pretty much the same except for OIS on the Camera) ?

They do run on Android 10 and Android 11.

And they run on OmniROM and are supported and officially and actively maintained by OmniROM with microG ( since I’m as a new member of this forum somehow not allowed to post a link: go to the OmniROM website → Devices → Android R (11) → Zenfone 7/7pro → Download )

Besides the official website and repository there’s another active thread of a developer with many information about OmniROM on this device and flashing it:
You can find it at the XDA-Forum in the subfolders /t/rom-official-omnirom-for-zenfone7-7pro-android-11.4203251/ (sorry for the inconveniences, but as I sad, I’m somehow not allowed to post a link :man_shrugging: )

I would love to see those two devices being supported by /e/ ! :blush:

Thank you very much for your great work already, guys !

Best regards

Hello Murena- respectively /e/-Team,

could you please start to support the Zenfone 7 Pro (and Zenfone 7 which are pretty much the same except for OIS on the Camera) ?

They do run on Android 10 and Android 11.

And they run on OmniROM and are supported and officially and actively maintained by OmniROM with microG ( index · powered by h5ai 0.25.2 (http://larsjung.de/h5ai/) , OmniROM ) … there also is a Gapps version besides the microG version, but that’s of no interest for me :wink:

Besides the official website and repository there’s another active thread of a developer with many information about OmniROM on this device and flashing it:
You can find it at the XDA-Forum in the subfolders /t/rom-official-omnirom-for-zenfone7-7pro-android-11.4203251/ (sorry for the inconveniences, but as a new member of the /e/-forum I’m only allowed to insert 2 links in one post)

The Zenfone 7 Pro (and 7) are great devices with awesome cameras, superb batteries, super fast CPUs and much more great hardware ! And they still get sold as new on many marketplaces and are still maintained by Asus !

I would love to see them being supported by /e/ ! :blush:

Thank you very much for your great work already, guys !

Best regards

I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened to those two links to the official OmniROM website and repository :man_shrugging: … just point on them and your browser will show you the actual (and correct) address they will direct you to :wink:
… Or just go to the official OmniROM website → Devices → Zenfone 7/7pro → Download :wink:

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

This might be of further help:

I found out last night, that Asus actually published a bootloader unlock tool for the Zenfone 7/7Pro, as well as the official Firmware and the kernel source code, and they seem to keep updating at least the latter two:

(you might have to select “Driver & Tools” and pick “Android” as operating system to get shown those three downloads…)

And furthermore there is official TWRP support for the Zenfone 7 and 7 Pro:
https://twrp.me/asus/zenfone7.html

Have a great day :slight_smile: