Auto-generated birthday calendar entries have notifications active

Is it correct that the calendar named ‘Contact birthdays’ is created atomatically and retrieves the dates from the Contacts app? I ask because I don’t remember whether I created it or not.
These calendar entries all have a notification set up at midnight. In other words, I get notified at midnight for each birthday that is entered in the information of my contacts.
Am I correct? Is it normal?

You are right and that’s normal. So you will never forget an Birthday of your friends :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley: @harvey186 so you like to get notifications at night?

I’m sleeping in the night with phone off and when I wake up in.the morning I will get the notification :smiley:

2 Likes

The creation of the ‘Contact birthdays’ does not happen on the phone, but on the Nextcloud instance.

This is a known Nextcloud problem and they track this issue at

1 Like

I set the Automatic rules for Do not disturb under Sound >> Do not disturb and specify the timings when I do not want to be disturbed.

1 Like

Well this is normal, as all calender apps have this functionality inbuilt, but you can change setting from permission level. Just uncheck the contact from permissions.

1 Like

Thanks @Gomsi but I actually like this functionality. Only problem for me is the notifiaction.
I can’t believe this issue has been open since 2016 @Markus

Notification are actually pretty easy to remove one by one from within the Calendar app by clicking on each entry. I don’t have hundreds of them.