Axon 7 and magisk

Hello.
I am to figure out why I can’t install e on my axon 7. Twrp and the e zip may not be all needed. Do I have to flash magisk as well?
Thanks
Jorge

Hi @jorge.e have you checked the instructions given here for installing /e/ on Axon 7 ZTE. Magisk is not required to be flashed.

As Manoj mentioned, Magisk is not needed. We’ll need more info though. If you’re coming from stock Nougat you should be fine with the instructions at the wiki. If you were on Oreo you’d probably have to go back down first.
One of the annoyances with the Axon 7 was the constant need to flash different bootstacks for one reason or another. For my A2017U I stayed with B32.

I’ve been using /e/ on my Axon 7 since last year but as a secondary using DualBoot Patcher with a stock Nougat as primary. So I can’t offer much assistance on a normal install probably. But give us more info on what’s going wrong and maybe we can go from there.

Not sure what TWRP you are using but I suggest having NFound’s TWRP Exclusive 3.2.1-7 on hand. After having the official TWRP successfully installed and working you can install that one.

1 Like

Marc,
Thank you for your messages.
I was able to flash lineage 15.1 but when I try to flash e on mya xon there is an error called error: 7 and it doesnt let m einstall the os.
Thanks
Jorge

@jorge.e here is the solution :slight_smile:

Removing the assert lines (what I do because of the multibooting) or updating TWRP is what I was going to suggest. Refer to the link Anonyme posted.

But there may be another issue. You didn’t say if you were on Oreo or Nougat stock before. You successfully flashed LOS 15 which is Oreo, /e/ is based on LOS 14 Nougat. The Axon 7 is all about bootstacks. If one were on Nougat and wanted Oreo they had to flash a new/compatible bootstack (and maybe a compatible/corresponding TWRP). If wanting to go back down to Nougat it meant flashing a Nougat compatible bootstack.
Compared to my LG G3 where I can run anything from KitKat thru Oreo (and do) the Axon 7 is a PITA when it comes to going from one Android version to another.

Need to know where you started from and whether or not that’s the reason for not being able to flash /e/. Have you tried flashing straight Lineage 14.1 or some other Nougat custom ROM?

Hello.

Thank you for the follow up. I was able to install it by going back to android 7.1 Nougat (15). Nothing else worked.

Now I am using E . the gps keeps showing my device as being in New York. Do you know how to.change that?

Thanks

Jorge

1 Like

Try the following, maybe. Change location settings to High Accuracy. Then make sure the UnifiedNlp backends are enabled (should be by default). The Mozilla backend should have locations permission also set by default but double check just in case. Maybe reboot. I was setting up a new ROM with microG on another device. It put me in Africa somewhere but after setup and reboot it fixed itself.

From our App store install Mozilla Stumbler. It checks the satellites, cell towers, WiFi. Latest versions now properly show a map of your location. Stumbler works in conjunction with the Mozilla backend in that you can upload data (if desired) to aid in the service’s accuracy.