Bad experiences with the newest eOS

After using eOs on my PF3 for a couple of month and beeing very happy. I even ordered a new FP3+ for my wife and a camera upgrade for my “old” FP3.
But then, frustration and problems started last sunday.

After instaling my new camera module onto my FP3, I couldn’t use the camera app because the hardware was not compatible. After a short research, I read that I need the newst android 10 q version. I actualy didn’t want to update because I new what this would mean, loosing all app settings etc… wich is a big pain.
I decided to remove the new camera module and wait a little until I’m mentaly ready to do an update and reinstalling and reconfiguring everything like it was before. Unfortunaly, I wouldn’t remove one of the 13 screws, it wasn’t doable. So this meant that I had to upgrade to the newst version.
Last Sunday I did it, I flashed the newst version of android 10 v0.12 q. Evrithing was fine. I got the message that my SD card was to slow I should change it if possible.

After reinstalling moste of my apps, I ran into some problems.

• Livedisplay is not working (known issue)
  • Can’t save attachment from the mail app (known issue)
  • Can’t take screenshots, not enough space. (I have a new SanDisk Pro SD Card with 128GB)
  • Nextcloud app, seams to have some bugs as well, syncing is not working proparly.
  • Shelter do not support FileShuttle, wich is very bad in my opinion
  • WhatsApp is not able to download recieved media (runing in Shelter)
  • WhatsApp is not able to use the camera to record something, either foto or film recording
  • Picture Quality is extremly bad, I expected a biger jump in qualtiy, this was not worth it to change.

So now, facing all those problems, I can’t do that to my wife. It’s not fair to give here a new fp3+ with this eOS 10 q.

Android 9 version 0.12 was so good! No problems at all evrything worked like a charm. I was telling everyboady that I was using this awsome eOS, I was proud of my Fone and my OS. Since one week it is different!

So I’m aware that it is still a beta version and a lot of work has to be done. I’m very thanksfull for all people working on this project. And I will stay on this project as well, because to me there is no other alternativ. The google and ios ecosystem are the dark side.

I hope there will be a lot of updates in the next couple of weeks and all those problems will be fixed asap.

I just wanted to tel my stroy here but don’t be mad at me. I hade to leave it out :slight_smile:

Now I need a new christmas present for my wife, any ideas? :wink:

1 Like

I also noticed when i snooze the alarm clock it doesnt set the new alarm time after the recent update (device dumpling)

Latest build is e-0.13-q

I know, but not better!

Ah, sorry about that. I’ve been looking at the Fairphone with a view to maybe getting one, so keeping an eye on the many posts here!

Would have thought someone here would be able to help you with this…

You said it all

So I’m aware that it is still a beta version and a lot of work has to be done. I’m very thanksfull for all people working on this project. And I will stay on this project as well, because to me there is no other alternativ. The google and ios ecosystem are the dark side.

Issues are part of testing a beta operating system. You’re paving the way for others that will later buy those phones and use the operating system in a more consumer-ready state (though we all agree it’s already greatly usable). It has pros and cons.You’re enjoying the shiny new features as well as the bugs that might come with them. Submit bug reports on Gitlab (if you’re willing to contribute to this project and have the time to do so) for the issues that are not known (hoping that those known issues are reported there as well) and hope for them to be soon fixed.

2 Likes

I would like to correct my first post.
I configured my android 10 with the feature adoptable storage, so that I can use my 128gb sd card and extend the storage. This feature seams to make a lot of sence in my opinion.
After disabling this feature, formating the card and use it as external sd card. My problem where gone.

Saving files from whatsapp and taking screenshots are working fine.

the rest is still not working, but I think there are reported, if not I will try to post it in gitlab.

so just to let you knwo :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.