Battery drain after multimedia storage usage (to check generically)

Disabled media storage using adb. Issue stopped but if course now can’t access pictures. Music or anything

i’m not sure to understand why the media storage use the adb…

And how it is with media storage reinsertion? or change with an other one?

I believe it was shown in other posts here that the account manager app for Murena.io is accessing Media storage too much and draining the battery.
I disabled Media storage using the Android Debug Bridge (connecting my computer and disabling the app).
Now that Media storage is blocked, the battery issue is gone.
Unfortunately, I cannot use photos, music, maps, etc. because they all need Media storage to function.

@jobal Are you still having the issue? I haven’t been able to resolve.

Hi, would be possible to have where do you have the info that is use via adb?I can’t see such kind of parameter by me.
If I gave a look on the murena account i see in settings the possibility of “verbose journalisation” by me is not active, and maybe it could suck some ressources.

Maybe give some screenshot to be sure on where we could see how it is by us… just for comparing…

Well, as you noticed, media storage is an essential part and should not be disabled.
For testing purposes did you disable the syncing of “Pictures and videos”? If not try that on the next battery cycle. If I am not mistaken that may trigger what appears to be high media storage usage.
It encompasses images, videos, music, and even Documents.

Strange is on my side, i have an app for smart bluetooth device, that i don’t use since 3 month.
Had tried to force to stop and it still there and use regularly between 20% 25% and seems never to be ranged to the unused deactivated one (or I don’t remember how it is cold).

And the WAKELOCK service take around 20% too don’t know why…

could you maybe explain why the media storage use adb (regarding what he told).
I know that with usb connection the mtp is used.
Per BL the own bl interface. but why adb? and how we may parameter to use/unuse it? or get the info or check what he told.

He didn’t say Media Storage uses adb. The ROM does not allow to disable most system apps. So he hooked up the phone to a PC and used adb commands to disable it.

1 Like

arg! logic, my english not so good, but was really tired last days.
yeah thanks.

@elhdjrmlifq6 could you tell more about the battery report in the settings which parts use the ressources mostly?
On my side as I told before I have the issue which moves elsewhere (not from media storage anymore),where the matrix powerwatch app is unstoppable and never been parked by the unused apps, wakelock seems to be a problem too and OS android itself…

No, it solved with version 1.12.3, and without doing nothing.

Here I wrote 100-0 in 2 days:

but now, after a few charge operation, I can said that battery goes down from 90 to 10 percent in 2 days with the same usage.

Darn! not solved for me :frowning:
Thanks for the reply

haha, right. That was the nuclear option and it worked to be sure. Not sure if the phone is more useless without media or without being able to use it for >an hour.
The only thing I have synced is contacts.
I believe I read above or in gitlab that removing the murena.io account also stops the issue but then I dont have contacts just numbers

Media Storage will be the majority by far.
Currently: 32%/ used for 10:22 hours
Next highest is VPN @18%

By older version I had the issue with my computer which have linux mint where I exchange some datas per usb.
That happened afterwards until I restart the phone, and then it stopped to drain.
I tried it with version 1.12 one time, and didn’t happened.
What’s about you if you restart the phone, it still drain the battery?

do you have an sd card?
If yes what’s happened if you remove it?
Or change it.

yes, battery drain still present.
no sd card.
Again, it was confirmed in other posts that this is caused by account manager accessing media. Or so I believe.

Hi do yoiu have still the issue?
I have still one, and don’t know if it’s the same,
First it seems to be an app for a smartwatch that i’m not currently use since 3 month, because the product don’t works very well for some of my activities.
It appears that the system reported that the app use the Ressources and sometimes or maybe every time it was the Android os the inactive-phone and the wakelock which take the ressources.
The related was not possible to stop, and to park as inactive.
After some notifications settings manipulation around it, was possible to stop its activities.
But the process inactive-phone, android-os and wakelock were still on high usage on ressources.

Now how is it by your phone, is that the same regarding the issue schema? same process are on acting?

On mine, system says it is media that is draining so I think it is not the same :frowning:

Not sure that it’s the media storage the issue.
I’ve open an other one related to an app that I couldn’t close and force to stop, and seems to take all the ressources. and after that i deactivated all the notifications, found that it comes that’s the ressources are taken from inactive-phone, android os and wakelock.
And shortly the system informed me that last days the privacy app taken 38%, which it never done it…

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.