Battery life s9+

Hi, I’m new here, I have a brand new Samsung s9+, I immediately loaded e os onto it, however the battery life is revolting, I have Bluetooth and WiFi turned off, brightness set to auto, and I’m getting a whole 3 hours of screen on time, no YouTube or gaming, just browser and messenger, is this normal? Because it shouldn’t be

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I don’t think so.

5:46 hours and 52% left.

The battery life of my S9 is pretty bad too. It can last a maximum of three days with zero screen time. With about 1-2 hours of screen time, I usually get <2 days.

I was told that battery performance should be better once we are able to upgrade to Android 9, 10, 11+ (I suspect that you are using Android 8 like me).

Nevertheless, I would really like to know: Is battery performance with slashy-slash better or worse than a normal S9 sold by Samsung? If it is better, I can’t imaging why anyone would buy this phone directly from Samsung!

Haha, slashy slash, love it

Well its dissapointing to hear that I’m not the only one, because it sounds like there won’t be a fix

I was going to get a pixel phone as they can be loaded with tonnes of different privacy ROMs, but I didn’t because of their notoriously crap battery life, oh well, jokes on me I suppose

I have a S9+ from e.solutions with Aurora 8. My settings is the same as yours + power saving on. I’m not a heavy user, so depending of usages i have 6-9 days of battery life.

Rechargeable batteries normally build up a bit of resilience from new. Usually after a few charge/discharge cycles with no topping up inbetween they gain a bit more endurance.

Also, on any new device, we are using them more intensely because they need setting up etc. After a while when usage becomes more “normal” you might find battery life more acceptable.

It’s all relative, but I usually find 3-4 days the average.

I too have the S9+ but have /e/ Q 0.19 running. Last night i watched netflix movie and some live sport streaming and battery only used 25% - i can normally get almost two days on low use and standby. I have screen brightness low and dark mode.

Thanks for your reply Sean.

Ive come to the conclusion that I’m just too used to using the rugged large battery Chinese phone that I had, a high powered smart phone with half the battery size just isn’t going to compete I guess hey.

(A chinese phone that turned out to be an enormous privacy risk and the whole reason I opted to go elsewhere in the first place)

My battery life seems pretty poor, but it might be the fact that I am enjoying e/os ,trying different apps, and using the phone a lot!