Better way than Google Keep to Share & Edit notes with iOS or Android users?

Hello,

I’ve been using e/OS for a week but I haven’t figured this one out yet. I’ve looked and search through these forum pages but I didn’t find a related topic.

Is there a way to share and edit notes with iOS or Android users without using a Google app?

I’ve been using “Google Keep” so far but in my effort to not use Google related apps anymore I’d like to find an alternative.

Thanks

Hello, welcome in the community :slight_smile:

yes you could use “S. Notes” (Standard Notes).

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

I tried it but I don’t think S.Notes does what I’m looking for.
I’d like both parties to be able to edit the notes.

For example, I create a “shopping list” note that I would share with my wife so that both of us could visualize and edit it directly from our phones (e/OS for me and iOS for her). When i’m doing the grocery i’ll remove what’ve bough and she’ll know what’s still needed or she could add new ones.
My need doesn’t stop to a shopping list. It’s just for the example.

Maybe the correct term is a sync notes app?

Have a look at Simplenote

4 Likes

Thank you @vernr this is exactly what I was looking for. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello.

S. Notes is available from F-Droid, privacy 6/10 (/e/Apps), Simplenote isn’t but privacy 9/10… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

FYI, the version of S. Notes available in F-Droid (and the /e/ Apps installer) seems much older than the one available in the Play Store.

try Carnet. i swapped Keep for Carnet last year. works just the same, it syncs well and has a desktop client too. available on F-droid.

1 Like

Another excellent note-taker program that can be configured to work from Nextcloud or any other online storage service is Joplin. It has to-do lists and if on a cloud will sync everytime another permitted user accesses files from another computer of even a mobile. The android app works well on the /e/ system and it has excellent search features which combined with its tagging tool means that even a large quantity of note documents can be sorted through in seconds. It also has a very useful clipper extension that can be used on Firefox or any other chromium-based browser.

hello
malheureusement pour moi, je ne parviens pas à installer correctement ce Joplin ( que j’ apprécie déjà sur mon ordi -ubuntu ): je choisis Joplin dans “apps” et installe mais, une fois instalé, il bugue, disparaît aussitot lancé ! message “joplin a cessé de fonctionner”; j’ai contacté le site de Joplin, mais pas de résultat probant pour le moment;; j’ai aussi installé joplin avec le fichier apk, même résultat.
qui peut m’aider sur ce problème d’ installation ?

Salut.

Il n’est pas rare que les appli. venant d’Apps (le client /e/) beuguent. Essaie peut-être de l’installer depuis un fichier *.apk…

Effectivement, je viens de recommencer l’ installation de Joplin avec .apk, par l’ intermédiaire de l’appli apkpure. Même bug

hello,
how did you install Joplin ? from Apps , by .apk file ?

hello @acha85 to answer your question, it was nearly a year ago that I downloaded the apk file and installed it. As I still have the original file in a folder I used for transferring files via my LAN I think I must have downloaded it from the Google playstore using Raccoon. I see that it can be downloaded and installed using Aurora Store, so that might be the easiest solution. I’m still on the Oreo version of /e/ using my OnePlus 5T if that’s any help. The only problems I’ve had with Joplin is on my computer using MX-Linux which is debian based and that it due to a sandboxing problem, but as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with the Android version.

hello Grendel

thanks for this answer; I find a solution by another community member ( installing by file APK )

have a good day, André H.