Big delay when recieving mail

Is it just me or is there really a big delay on receiving mail? I have my gmail account forward mail to my murena account and it takes ages for it to appear in the murena inbox.

2 Likes

Email services doesn’t come with any guarantee of delivery or delay, never, nowhere.
Maybe gmail is greylisted at Murena, or maybe Google is just slow to send forwarded emails…

1 Like

Same things for me since few days

1 Like

Same here. I taught it might have been because of the Nextcloud upgrade of last night but I’m not really sure why because that was only a few hours in the middle of the night

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issues currently - but in my case it is also bit tricky because it is time sensitive. I am trying to log-in to Discord → which triggers a “location unknown - please verify via email it is you” message → which then takes quite some time to reach my murena /e/ email :slightly_frowning_face:
It’s something like 7+ minutes in between and by the time it appears in my inbox - when i click it - it says “IP authorization link expired” which makes this delay bit problematic.

Hopefully it is just a temporary “hiccup” - however judging from the posts here it seems like it is something persistent for 20+ days. While for most situations this delay would be acceptable i guess … there are such verify/login situations like this one where i think it’s quite problematic.
Curious what some other people think and if there is a way to improve this ? Please let me know if i can provide some more information in case it could be helpful.

Also - thank you for all the great and hard work and happy new 2023 :rocket:

I have exactly the same problem, and opened issue #6259.

No way to improve this on user side, must be done by a email server admin.
BTW there is a job opening for this: Mail server administrator… (sorry, not enough free time here :frowning: ).

1 Like

Thank you @smu44 for your reply and for reporting that issue to the /e/ team. Do you know if there is a way I could “vote up” or somehow support it so that it becomes more visible ?

You can vote up, once connected to GitLab.
I don’t know other way to speed up the process (they are 1207 issues opened at this time…).

1 Like

ok thank you - i will join gitlab and try to upvote / comment there.

1 Like