Bliss weather widget shows old data

Hello,

I am runnning three devices with e/OS 0.22 for testing purpose. This morning I noticed that each device displays different weather data in the Bliss weather widget. I will append a picture. Note that beneath the Bliss weather widget there is another weather widget (“Weather privacy friendly” from F-Droid). This widget displays the true data, so none of the three devices actually display the correct data (both apps use OpenWeatherMap).

I suspect that weather data is never getting updated, once the widget is initialized.

Is there any idea if I missed something? Is there a setting somewhere or a privilege needed for updating weather data?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello @Edmund

Have you checked the update settings of the weather app by clicking on the wheel at the upper right of the widget?
Do you still face the issue?

Hello AudeM

Thanks for your message. Indeed the update settings will do the trick, but only if I set them to “manually” (tried on 3 different devices running e/os 0.22 and 0.23).

Best regards
Edmund

Hi @Edmund are you aware Bliss requires allow location, in order for Weather widget to work correctly?

I have the same issue with a weather widget, with geo-location and a custom location. I think it is related to the default API key provided.
I create an account in Openweathermap and so far so good.