Bluetooth connection keeps failing after /e/OS 0.18 upgrade

Hello,

I have not been able to get my phone to connect to my 2017 Ford truck after the latest update /e/OS 0.18. I saw a post about this for a different vehicle and the OP said that it started to work after a few reboots, however that does not seem to work for me. I have paired, rebooted, deleted connections, tried over a few times and no luck.

When I pair my truck and phone over bluetooth the phone says “app has quit working” and asks if I’d like to close the app or restart it. On my truck the message says that the bluetooth cannot keep a stable connection.

Is there a fix for this or any additional info you need from me? Would it be worth going back to the last build 0.17 and if so is there a guide on how to do that?

Thanks in advance for any help, hopefully I have posted this in the right place.

Chris

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Updated to the new version of the android program and am still having the same issues. After trying this multiple times it seems to me this may be some sort of authentication issue when the car is communicating with the phone to set up the connection. Both devices are asking similar questions at the same time and regardless of which device I respond on they seem to have some conflict where the bluetooth shuts down on the phone and a connection can’t be established on the car. If this is something you’d like me to document further with photos and screenshots of the errors I’d be happy to do so.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for checking. It seems like you and I are the only ones reporting this issue. I was hoping that the update would fix it, but I’ve not had a chance to check yet myself. Frustrating to see it’s still happening.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.