Bluetooth connection stability with Fenix smartwatch

I own a FP3, which is currently running /e/ OS 2.1 as well as a Fenix 7. I’ve been using this combination for about two years now and it was always working just fine. The connection was stable, if I left the room where the phone is and returned, they reconnected in time.

However, in the last couple of weeks, I noticed that sometimes the connection seems to get stuck. The Fenix is still shown as being connected on the FP3, but Garmin Connect (the corresponding app) can’t sync and the Fenix shows that there is no data connection.
To fix this, I have to turn off the bluetooth on the FP3, turn it on and reconnect. Then Connect can sync phone and watch again.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think this is happening since I upgraded from 1.21 to 2.0.
At least I’m 99% sure that I never had this phenomenon on 1.21 or previous versions.

Any ideas?

Hello,

With a pixel 7 and /e/OS 2.1, my fenix 7x works fine.
With 2.1 and the update of garmin connect, the stability is good…

Best regards

TmT

Thanks! Good to know that it works fine for other people.

Unfortunately, I still have disconnects every other day. :confused:

You might try under Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

Or to avoid Wi-Fi and mobile

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Bluetooth > Storage & cache > Clear storage

Would this mean that I need to pair all Bluetooth devices again?

Yes it would, it would give you a “fresh start”.

I suppose you could experiment with Clear storage of the relevant apps … Garmin Connect and / or Fenix.

Sometimes it seems that an update can disturb a working “connection” and Clear cache of the affected app can be sufficient.

Deleting the cache for Connect did not help, so the next step I tried was to uncouple and recouple the Fenix and the FP3. I had to setup a couple of things again in Connect, but ever since (1.5 weeks now, I think), I haven’t seen the issue again.

From that it seems likely to me that the issue was on the OS side in the Bluetooth setup and not in Connect, but it’s of course not certain.

Anyways, it’s fixed. :slight_smile: