Boot issue when installing /e/OS on galaxy s7

Hi guys,

I’ve been planning to migrate from Android to a custom OS for a while, and since yesterday I’m trying to install /e/OS on my Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-930F. I followed the easy installer (windows released) instructions and I just saw that I needed TWRP to boot on /e/OS, so I installed it and, after installing /e/OS, a black loading screen appeared, and I’m now stucked on the loading screen for a while. However, I tried to reboot it, but it didn’t change anything. What should I do ? Do I have to install it again ? You probably should know that the recovery screen was not the /e/OS one but the twrp.

hi @VinK, welcome to this forum.

from TWRP, have you perform a “format /data” (and reboot to recovery) before installing the e.zip ?

Hi @piero,

I did a lot of things with the phone since I sent this message, and now it’s apparently working. I’m going to tell you everything in order to be sure that this won’t become a problem later.

As I was stuck on the loading screen, I reboot the phone on the recovery mode. It was no longer the TWRP one but the /e/OS one. On the bottom I read some kind of installation crash report, so I guessed the installation failed.
I decided to format system and data, thinking about starting from scratch again, but it deleted the whole system and android too !! I was going to give up, but I tried a last thing: as the recovery mode was not deleted, I send an update of the OS from the computer via ADB sideload, and it worked !! The update has been installed, and the system is now operational. One thing still scares me: the installation program failed at 47% with “failed to read command: No Error”. I don’t know if something has not been installed but as the OS is working, I’m not going to touch anything, except if this is crucial.

I hope this is nothing to care about, but I want to be sure. Furthermore, I don’t think I did what you ask me for the simple reason that the last time I had to reinstall everything on the phone as the installation failed. Was it essential ? I thought this was only to free some space, but I guess I was wrong… Thank you for your help, if I could know where I mistook, it would help me to avoid making the same mistake again.

Good night and thank you !

it is an expected success message

formating the /system partition erase the installed OS (samsung-android or e-android as well).

formating the /data partition reinitialize the device as a fresh installed system by deleting all modifications made by the user.

1 Like

Okay so it won’t be a problem later. Few, everything appears to be okay. I used the phone today and everything is working correctly. I should have known about the fact that formatting system… is formatting all the system.
By the way, I haven’t seen any emotes on the virtual keyboard. Do you know a way to add them ?
Thank you for your help, I think I should create a topic in the easy installer forum, in order to let them know about the bug I had.
Have a good night !

let (hold) your finger over the “enter” bouton and swipe to emoties to enable…

Okay, thank you for everything !

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.