Bootloader locking --> device corrupt

Hello,

I have installed /e/ sucessufully yesterday on a OnePlus 5T, but, each time I turn on the phone there was a warning message message telling that the bootloader was unlocked and it was not safe (or something like this, I don’t remember exactly what was written)
So I thougth I had better to lock again the bootloader with the command “fastboot oem lock”.
Since that moment, the phone cannot reboot and shows the following message:
“Your device is corrupt. It can’t be trusted and will not boot
Visit this link on another device : g.co/ABH

I can’t connect anymore with ADB, what can I do?

Is there a way to recover?

Thanks for your help!

Damien

Did you try a factory reset? Not sure what the oneplus devices have in the way of an on board backup. I would also look on xda developers forum to see if someone lists a recovery method from your situation. I think you are going to have to get the phone back to stock somehow and then convert to /e/ again. Oneplus website also offers stock images but not sure if they offer any sort of recovery tool.

The bootloader needs to be unlocked otherwise you can’t boot /e/. You have to unlock it in fastboot mode. fastboot oem unlock. I’ think your data gets erased when doing this… Maybe start over again. The fastboot mode can be activated by a key combination (i dont now foir your device).

2 Likes

Thank your for your advices. I could get the phone back to stock. it is now with OxygenOS 4.7.4.
I’m trying to convert to /e/ again but I cannot succeed to install TWRP…