Bootloop on fastboot screen after fresh install

Hi everyone !

I’m trying to install /e/OS on my “new” Gauguin device. I have already done it on an other, version 12 1.19.1 (20240111). This “old” gauguin runs eelo since 2 years.
But my “old” /e/OS gauguin have some charging issues, i bought an other one “new” to make the same thing on it. But the second one just don’t want /e/OS on it.

• bootloader unlocked : CHECK. I was able to install the eelo recovery on it but the OS installation failed
  • installation of TWRP instead : CHECK. It works fine as adb and fastboot.
  • sending a ROM using ADB : CHECK. From my computer it ends at 0.98% (Android 13) or 0.99% (Android 12). I tried the last 3 ROMs built for gauguin, including the one working actually on my old gauguin. The 3 end in a 1.000000x result from my new gauguin but still ends in a “no OS installed” showed by TWRP and a bootloop on Fastboot screen.

Is this problem known ?

Thank you for advance

First update
I just tried with the last LineAge+MicroG ROM and the same issue happens. It seems related to my phone, not to the ROM. But I still want eelo on it, as i don’t have any OS installed anymore and i don’t know how to install any other at the time.

Second update.
I just followed this guide and get my new gauguin running a fresh MIUI ROM.
https://droidwin.com/how-to-unbrick-any-xiaomi-redmi-poco-via-mi-flash-tool/
I’ll try to install eelo later, i’ll let you give me advices to not falling in the same hole if you have some, thanks

Final update.
I get a newer TWRP version on sourceforge, thanks for the maintainer.
It didn’t fixed the problem on the first tries, then i push the rom on the sdcard to install it, which didn’t worked as well but this time, twrp detected on the wipe panel that something gone wrong after doing a factory reset (user data not present) then fixed that by formatting. I don’t know what it did exactly but after a reboot, the phone booted directly on eelo. After a format.

It seems you should add, in your documentation, which format on which partition apply.
The problem is now gone, i close this thread.