Bricked S9 when rolling back to stock ROM

Hello everybody,
Not sure if this the right place to post. I bought a S9 and installed /e/ OS through easy-installer without any problem. I finally decided to roll back to stock ROM. Never done that, total newbie. I followed this tuto : Revert Samsung Device to stock ROM on Windows PC
As it was impossible to download anything with free account on Sammobile, I downloaded firmware on samfw.com. I apparently did not get good firmware, as I now have a message telling me “An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch PC software”. My phone is SM-G960F bought refurbished in France. So I downloaded last French firmware (2 avalaible, both failed).
How can I be sure to dowload the right firmware ? What can I do to revert to stock Android ? If not possible, can I simply revert to /e/ OS ?
I won’t be caught doing this again… In the meantime I would appreciate if I could save my S9. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
First of all, you can’t install just any stock Android version on the SM-G960F.

Without knowing which stock Android was originally installed on Galaxy S9 and which stock Android version could not be reinstalled, it is extremely difficult to provide concrete assistance.

Hi Gianna, thanks for your feedback.
If I give what’s written on the back of my phone with IMEI among others, the firmware versions I tried to install and a photo of my blocked screen, would that be helpful ?

Finally I succeeded!
Instead of using Home_CSC file on Odin like suggested in the tuto mentioned in my first post, I used directly CSC file (I had nothing important on this phone yet).
As for the right firmware, I used the IMEI number to find it.

Congratulation for restoring control on your device,

It is very improbable to definitively brick a Samsung device during a system replacement process !..

You know you can download Windows4Droid firmware and that rescued my Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite (SM-T220) 32GB 3GB RAM android 13 tablet

This topic was automatically closed after 61 days. New replies are no longer allowed.