Browser's IP address (185.199.109.153)

Hi,
does anyone know if this IP (185.199.109.153) is related to /e/ infrastructure, or what might be?
Browser connect to it every time when it starts,
and the only information I retrieved is that belongs to ISP Fastly, and (maybe) points to GitHub.
Thanks!

1 Like

The IP belongs to RIPE Network Coordination Centre according to whois.

Described as…

“We’re an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation that supports the infrastructure of the Internet through technical coordination in our service region. Our most prominent activity is to act as the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) providing global Internet resources and related services (IPv4, IPv6 and AS Number resources) to members in our service region.”

Their About Us page has more info. Also check out the Wikipedia entry here.

Yes, it belongs to RIPE, but now is managed by ISP Fastly, and from whois db it seems assigned by Github Inc.

So my question is: why the /e/ Browser connect to it EVERY time I open it.

Keep in mind also that I’m back to official build, so I have not done any strange customization.

Anyway, thanks for the answer :+1:

Okay, same behaviour for Bromite, so case closed.

Yes, but still I’m curious as to its function. TrackerControl shows the domain name. A search brings up a lot of DNS reports but not much else as to its purpose.

I installed the vanilla Chromium from the Bromite repo. That address doesn’t show up.
If I had to hazard a guess, maybe the adblocking component is hosted on fastly?

Hmm, why not check Bromite’s github. Done. Back in June someone asked the question but was not given an answer because he didn’t use a template. Bummer, and lame at the same time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.