Building with Docker image for FP4 fails

The command used was:

sudo docker run -v "/data/e/src:/srv/src" -v "/data/e/zips:/srv/zips" -v "/data/e/logs:/srv/logs" -v "/data/e/ccache:/srv/ccache" -e "BRANCH_NAME=v1-s" -e "DEVICE_LIST=FP4" -e "CCACHE_SIZE=250G" -e "REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git" registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community

This ended with:

[ 99% 714/715] finishing build rules ...
[100% 715/715] writing build rules ...
FAILED: 
build/make/core/Makefile:61: error: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/FP4/vendor/bin/hw/android.hardware.biometrics.fingerprint@2.1-service', previously defined at build/make/core/base_rules.mk:525
19:21:56 ckati failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (03:42 (mm:ss)) ####

>> [Fri Jul 21 19:21:56 UTC 2023] Failed build for FP4
>> [Fri Jul 21 19:21:56 UTC 2023] Finishing build for FP4
>> [Fri Jul 21 19:21:56 UTC 2023] Cleaning source dir for device FP4

There were some earlier errors:

>> [Fri Jul 21 19:12:05 UTC 2023] Starting build for FP4, v1-s branch
19:12:10 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
In file included from build/make/core/config.mk:313:
In file included from build/make/core/envsetup.mk:312:
build/make/core/product_config.mk:160: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "lineage_FP4".
19:12:10 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
Invalid clone.bundle file; ignoring.
Looking for dependencies in kernel/fairphone/FP4
kernel/fairphone/FP4 has no additional dependencies.
Done
19:18:11 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error.
19:18:13 Build sandboxing disabled due to nsjail error

Not sure if they are relevant.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

In general, if you go into the mounted "/data/e/logs:/srv/logs" directory there should be soong.log / build.log files that can give more info.
I guess your repo-sync was incomplete - so some Makefiles that should’ve been included are missing. Re-running the repo sync most often helps

Did you try using the tag (i.e. -e "BRANCH_NAME=v1.12-s") rather than branch?

The previously posted output came from the build log for FP4. I couldn’t find any other logs, apart from the repo log.

From the repo log it looks to have completed successfully:

Updating files: 100% (1359/1359), done.
Updating files: 100% (2387/2387), done.
Updating files: 100% (12156/12156), done.
repo sync has finished successfully.

Going to try switching to the manual method now, as I’ve previously built Android (Graphene OS) manually and didn’t have as much trouble.

there are 2 repo syncs - one for the general manifest, and one resolving each device codename. Because error was about product makefile, I’d check the second repo sync in the log.

Yes, using a tag it fails much quicker. See the other thread where I was told to use a branch instead of tags:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.