Dear /e/OS Community,
We’re excited to announce that we are gearing up to enhance our support for ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids) protocol in /e/OS. To ensure a seamless experience for users with hearing aids, we’re calling on the community to join us in this testing phase.
If you own a hearing aid peripheral that supports the ASHA protocol, we would be immensely grateful for your assistance. By becoming a tester, you play a crucial role in evaluating the code modifications and providing valuable feedback. You can share your feedback on this GitLab issue, In case you are having issues with GitLab please refer this guide.
- Testing the ASHA protocol functionality on your device.
- Sharing your user experience and feedback with our development team.
Your input helps us refine and improve the compatibility of /e/OS with hearing aid peripherals. By participating, you contribute to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all users.
- Comment below if you’re interested in participating.
- Share the make and model of your hearing aid peripheral.
- Our team will guide you through the testing process.
Below the step to pair your device:
- Tap on
- Pair the hearing aids peripheral.
- Once selected the device went back to
Accessibilitysettings and it should be connected.
- Audio should be now transfered to your hearing aids peripheral.
We deeply appreciate your support in making /e/OS more inclusive. Together, let’s ensure that everyone can enjoy the benefits of open-source technology.
Thank you for being a vital part of the /e/OS community!