Camera issue on 2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5

Hello Team,

Since OTA update 2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5 applied last week, I have trouble to use Camera features.

The following issues appears:

• Slow save operations (in some cases, the photo icon in the bottom right hand corner continuously fade in fade out) with PNG or WebP photo, up to 5/10 seconds.
  • RAW photo are damaged

Please find a screen of a RAW picture as seen on my phone.

If needed, I can provide a raw file example.

Best regards,

Nikos

Same here. Open Camera produces such pictures. The original camera app seams to work.

Did you install official android camera appli ?

No, the camera app from e/os works (the one you can not de-install).
Normally I use open camera from f-droid. This one shows the broken pictures.

Hello,
I’ve got the same issue for the RAW files with a Fairphone 5 whose /e/OS primary version installed was /e/OS/ IMG-e-2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5. That is to say, it’s the first version that has been installed on the Fairphone 5.
Actually, I’ve got the same kind of raw file only for the higher resolution 8192x6144 (4:3 50.33MP) with the lens 1. Otherwise, no pictures are saved.

1/ with resolution 8192x6144 (4:3 50.33MP, pas de rafale):
1.1/ and with lens 1, I’ve got a weird pinkish raw files as the above photo (another one can be found here: https://drop.sans-nuage.fr/r/o2Z233Wd#FkDkIpfm6BcQYN1M8pzpRUTXCHSgWXLAA8MO4JWGCkY=).
1.2/ with lens 2, the camera seems to take a picture with a thumbnail animation that lead to think the picture has been saved. But the picture is not saved anywhere.
1.3/ with the selfie lens, I’ve got the same issue as 1.2/

2/ with other resolution:
2.1/ with the lens 1, the app take a picture, freezes and finally no picture is actually stored
2.2/ with lens 2, the camera seems to take a picture with a thumbnail animation that lead to think the picture has been saved. But the picture is not saved anywhere
2.3/ with the selfie lens, I’ve got the same issue as 2.2/

When I try to take a picture with JPG or PNG, everything is fine.
When I try to take a picture with WebP format, I’ve got the same issue as 2.2/ whatever the lens used. The picture is not stored anywhere.

I’ve also tried with OpenCamera and get the same corrupted raw files.

Previously, I had the opportunity to use a Fairphone 5 with a prior version of /e/OS installed and then the last upgrade to /e/OS/ IMG-e-2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5 and everything was fine. The camera app took raw files without issues.

I don’t know whether this can give an hint to fix the issue. I would tend to thought that upgrades from a prior version to /e/OS/ IMG-e-2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5 do not corrupt the camera app (but that’s only an hypothesis) while a fresh installation of /e/OS/ IMG-e-2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5 from scratch raises the issue.

Best regards

Based on Feedback for v2.1 - #82 by octobre, my hypothesis was wrong: the issue also occurs when upgrading from a previous version (at least 2.0).
Although, I cannot remember whether I upgraded from a version 1.x to 2.0 and then 2.0 to 2.1.

Hello I upgraded from version 2.0 (no issue with raw), since 2.1 I have this issue

There is an open issue at the bug tracker for this: Issue with camera photo capturing (#8104) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

And I got some other camera issues after updating from 1.21 to 2.1, gcam stopped working after this and a stock Open Camera app shows too many and at least one broken camera: Gcam stopped working after updating to 2.1, too many and broken cameras in Open Camera (#8123) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

I can also reproduce the RAW issue with 2.1 and stock camera app.

1 Like