Can we not have limit to 3 replies in each topic?

So i am not a new user but still forum says me

We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.

Instead of adding another reply, please consider editing your previous replies, or visiting other topics.

This is irritating :confused:

2 Likes

To my knowledge this is a default feature of the forum software. I guess that “new” user is the confusing part.

Technically it’s done via user levels as described here: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

You’d need to reach “Basic” user level. And I assume the creators of the forum software thought it easy enough to reach this so that they call user level “Zero” “new”, even though time doesn’t really matter, just the level of activity.

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
5 Likes

Doesnt help that i only have 1 device which i work with with doesnt even have official /e/ support! So i have like no options for " * Entering at least 5 topics" and it allowed be before to have multiple replies :confused:

Now that you know the threshold, you have the option of just entering some more topics without being interested in them :wink: .
If the forum software doesn’t react right away, have some patience. Some things could be run in periodical intervals, not immediately, I don’t know whether user level ups are one of them here. But you’ll see.

Well, thanks for your replies. I will have to go to other topics and see if it works :smiley:

Its been days i still cant reply in the thread :frowning:

Pinging @Manoj.

Which thread are you trying to reply to…

This thread