Canned messages or templates in /e/ Mail app. Any options?

Dear users,

I’m struggling to get/implement any templates or canned messages into the /e/ Mail app. There are incoming emails which I forward and I used to fill in a template, cut a bit and extend and send. I’m struggling to get any type of templates into the Mail app or when writing.

Questions:
Is there any options to include a template or canned text in the Mail app, please?
Is there any app, which would hang and hide in the cursor menu and allow to paste a predefined text into teh textbox?

The whole idea of a canned message is that it saves repetitive typing and moreover it looks nice and tidy every time.

Objective:
When forwarding and email, select and include a predefined text (on user command, not automatically).

Example:

Dear registry,

please file the invoice in the attachment under
Company: XYZ

Budget:
1. gas
2. water
3. services
4. cleaning

where I would delete the points 1-4, which are not applicable, check the content and send the mail.

so-so Workarounds

I tried to set up the AnySoftKeyboard, which allows single line abbreviations, but not any multi-line. So, it works, so-so, but it is a harder job to read and format a single line:

Dear registry, please file the invoice in the attachment under Company: XYZ Budget: 1. gas 2. water 3. services 4. cleaning

Note: On a computer I use Clippings with Firefox Quantum. And I wouldn’t mind to have a similar app on my mobile device.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like