Cannot build /e/ for FP4 -- dtbo not build

Hi folks!
I’m trying to build /e/ os for my FP4. In addition to the default manifest from https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/android.git (branch v1-r), I also added https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/local_manifests/-/blob/v1-r/FP4.xml. I used breakfast FP4 and brunch FP4 to start the build.
It seems that no dtbo files are build:

Traceback (most recent call last):                                                  
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code                                            
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/__main__.py", line 12, in <module>                                                          
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main                                 
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code                                            
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/mkdtboimg.py", line 1052, in <module>                                                         File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/mkdtboimg.py", line 1049, in main                                                           
  File "/fs/scratch/al/android/eos/v1-r/out/host/linux-x86/bin/mkdtboimg.py/mkdtboimg.py", line 850, in create_dtbo_image                                               ValueError: List of dtimages to add to DTBO not provided 

The corresponding find call does not return anything: find out/target/product/FP4/obj/DTBO_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot/dts -type f -name \"*.dtbo\"

May I have missed anything in my setup?

Cheers,
Alex

Hey there,

Been a while but I believe I just stumbled on the same issue while building v1-s. In my case the boot/dts directory is not even there. I am using the LOS cicd forked container as specified in the doc, was able to build images for the FP3 but not for the FP4 so far :frowning_face:

FAILED: out/target/product/FP4/obj/DTBO_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot/dtbo.img
/bin/bash -c "(find out/target/product/FP4/obj/DTBO_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot/dts -type f -name \"*.dtbo\" | xargs rm -f ) && [...]
find: 'out/target/product/FP4/obj/DTBO_OBJ/arch/arm64/boot/dts': No such file or directory

And then the same traceback you posted.

Did you by any chance figured out what was causing it?

Alright i managed to get the dtbo.img built, but I had the modify the qcom Makefile. I am skeptical as if this is the correct way, the upstream kernel at WeAreFairphone, the fork in LOS and the one in EOS seem to not build any dtbo objects :man_shrugging:

I still have to compare the dtbo image with the one shipped in the stable release, no idea if it contains the correct overlay yet.

The Makefile I patched at kernel/fairphone/FP4/arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/Makefile

# SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += apq8016-sbc.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += apq8096-db820c.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += ipq8074-hk01.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += msm8916-mtp.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += msm8992-bullhead-rev-101.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += msm8994-angler-rev-101.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += msm8996-mtp.dtb
dtb-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM) += sdm845-mtp.dtb

dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += apq8016-sbc.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += apq8096-db820c.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += ipq8074-hk01.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += msm8916-mtp.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += msm8992-bullhead-rev-101.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += msm8994-angler-rev-101.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += msm8996-mtp.dtbo
dtbo-$(CONFIG_ARCH_QCOM)        += sdm845-mtp.dtbo

always          := $(dtb-y)
always          += $(dtbo-y)

subdir-y        := $(dts-dirs)
clean-files    := *.dtb *.dtbo

I wonder how the FP4 maintainers are putting together the dtbo.img and would like to get in touch with them, are they keeping an eye on this Forum? Or maybe on that Telegram channel? Or something else?

The ROM is not booting :frowning_face: I’ll try a pure lineage and then come back to eos.