Cannot disable syncing of specific data

Hello,
I set up /e/ on a Fairphone 3. Currently I don’t want to sync data with ecloud.
Contacts and events I can disable in the account manager, but I don’t find a way to disable the other data. This HOWTO is obsolete, the last question has not been answered Disable /e/Cloud's automatic sync of Contacts and/or Media (Photos and videos) - #8 by Silvan

I have disabled automatic syncing in system account settings. Nevertheless in my e-account it says syncing for all elements activated. How that? So I find files from Documents folder in the ecloud. And I want to exclude other data from syncing also.
How can this be accomplished?

I am really annoyed: Here the same issue and the same reaction: none

It is recommended to create an e-account at setup. I like the architecture of /e/. But I have never been asked whether and what I want to sync. That is the opposite of controlling my data. This must be changed.

3 Likes

Simply remove your /e/ account from your phone.
Later, if you wish to sync a single file type, you could install a Nextcloud client and connect it to /e/ Cloud.

At initial setup of /e/ on your device, you were offered to skip /e/ account registration.

Thank you for your answer. I did not know that I can accomplish this with a Nextcloud client.
I have tested /e/ on my old Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300). There it was possible to select in the /e/ account client which data shall be synced. Why is that only possible with the older /e/ account client and a Nextcloud client but not with the current /e/ account client on the FP3?

Well, it was a strong recommendation to register for the /e/ account and I want to use it for selected data. “Your data is yours” does /e/ state - and they don’t let me decide which of my data gets in the ecloud. That I was not told at initial setup and at setup of /e/ account.

I will use a Nextcloud client to accomplish this and I repeat: This must be changed in the /e/ account client. I am obviously not the only user who expected more control over ones data.

3 Likes